Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Field Marketing Specialist
at Wolverine Worldwide
- Job Function
- Min. Exp.(Yrs)
- Full Time
Merrell believes nothing should get in the way of enjoying active outdoor adventures. Merrell hiking boots, trail running shoes and apparel are built on Merrell’s outdoor heritage, quality and performance. The trail is the core of our design philosophy and has continued to guide us in the development of innovative products that inspire and enable enjoyment of the outdoors.
The Field Marketing Specialist is part of a national team whose mission is to build positive and lasting relationships with current and future consumers, retail partners and the running community in general. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual with strong organizational, communication and creative problem solving skills. The Field Marketing Specialist works closely with the Global Marketing and Sales teams to bring our brand voice to life and facilitate a two-way conversation with consumers 365 days a year. You will partner with retailers to plan and execute promotions and events, with the ultimate goal of increasing brand awareness and driving sell-through. You will also be the expert on all things for the brand, and will deliver engaging brand and product training sessions to retail associates. The territory for this position is Tennessee, Arkansas, Mississippi, Louisiana, and Alabama.
- Plan and follow your own work schedule, including daily store visits, retail events, office time and regional events as needed.
- Build an understanding of global marketing platforms and find dynamic ways to execute them on a local level.
- With retail partners, plan and execute weekly consumer events that align with the brands global brand platform and seasonal launches. Develop communication strategies to drive attendance and participation at events.
- Build strong retail partnerships through consistent follow through and constant and open communication with store leadership and staff.
- Increase store associates’ confidence and understanding of the brand and product knowledge through group and one-on-one staff training sessions.
- Help create ideal in-store environment based on global merchandising guidelines in key accounts. Secure best placement and visibility for point of sale assets and ensure in-store assets align with global calendar.
- Maintain an open line of communication with the Marketing and Sales teams and deliver weekly and monthly reporting as assigned.
- Maintain and track monthly travel and marketing budgets; submit monthly or quarterly reports to Field Marketing Lead.
- Coordinate travel and events for the Mobile Van when it is in your territory.
- Performs duties consistent with the Company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 1+ years of Marketing or Sales experience.
- Enthusiasm and passion for the sport of running, with a personal connection to running culture.
- Experience working in retail, especially within the running and athletic footwear and apparel industry.
- Strong organization, prioritization and time management skills are necessary as you will be working outside of the corporate headquarters and will be responsible for your own schedule.
- Must be able to manage multiple ongoing projects with different teams and partners, and maintain a high level of organization throughout.
- Maintain peak professionalism in daily interactions with retailers and consumers across a range of channels, and be adaptable to varying needs and expectations in those channels.
- Must be comfortable, confident and engaging when presenting to groups large and small, and be able to communicate clearly in person and via email.
- Have sharp attention to detail and be able to meet strict and sometimes short deadlines.
- Must be willing and able to work on nights and weekends (Saturdays and Sundays) due to retail promotions and events is expected and required.
- Strong PC/tablet skills, including proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, MS Outlook, database management, report creation, internet applications, and social media.
- Must have a valid driver's license in good standing; 80% of the job is on-the-road travel.
- This position is located outside of the corporate headquarters.
Home office and retail store environments, as well as indoor and outdoor athletic events. Frequent travel required. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).