Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Video Editor/Producer, Social Media - CMT
at Viacom Inc.
- Job Locations
- iCIMS ID
Overview and Responsibilities
The CMT’s digital & social team is responsible for developing and executing a robust content strategy across platforms. Rooted in Nashville, this team supports linear shows, events, and country music coverage across video, social and editorial. The creator-first group works in close collaboration with partners in the broader CMT organization, supporting initiatives across Marketing, Talent, Production, Integrated Marketing, and more.
CMT is looking for a Editor/Producer, Social Media to join their team. The Editor/Producer will support social video production efforts for the team dedicated to digital/social content strategy and production.They will deliver social first videos for a variety of platforms across the social landscape including Facebook, Instagram (Profile, Stories, IGTV), Twitter and YouTube. They will work with the team to develop new video franchises, timely memes and short videos, as well as handle live event coverage across local events.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Produce and edit short form videos and content for CMT social platforms
- Aid in conceptualizing new one-off social videos and franchises
- Liaise with camera/production crew to ensure footage is collected properly for our specific platforms
- Live coverage of tentpole and small-scale events
- Act as a liaison with the Design department to incorporate key graphic elements and deliverables, as needed
- 2 years experience as social media Editor/Producer (or portfolio with commensurate experience)
- Experience editing/producing/directing for an entertainment or youth-oriented brand
- Bachelor's degree
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere, After Effects, motion graphics and Photoshop
- Functional knowledge of all post production technologies, including ingestion/output of media, file conversions, media distribution and quality control
- Passion for music and pop culture
- Knowledgeable of the ever-changing social landscape and internet video trends
- Experience with InDesign and Illustrator, a plus
- Previous experience working with A-list talent, a plus
- Strong knowledge of CMT and the country music space