Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manual QA Tester in Franklin, TN at Vaco
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversee all aspects of quality assurance including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met.
- Act as key point of contact for all QA aspects of releases, providing QA services and coordinating QA resources internally and externally.
- Lead and mentor QA team members, as well as manage outside contract testers.
- Develop and execute test scope, test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated).
- Own test engineering infrastructure, tools and frameworks, environments, best practices and processes.
- Automate tests using test frameworks.
- Take responsibility for monitoring product development and usage at all levels with an eye toward improving product quality
- Promote and build a culture of testing within the development team
- Enable engineering teams to write quality code by partnering with them and building testing mindset as well as automated testing tools
- Develop any supporting tools, services or infrastructure needed to augment automation
- Continuously monitor technology landscape to assess and implement improvements to existing tools/processes
- Partner with software architects and lead engineers to develop intuitive solutions
- Create tools and infrastructure for Performance (load/stress/capacity/failover) testing
- Decompose complex and/or ambiguous requirements or issues and drill down to determine the root cause and resolution
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks and results as needed.
- Create user test cases as needed for User Acceptance Testing as well as Functional Testing
7+ years of software testing experience
Proficient test-driven development
Deep knowledge of test methodologies, writing test plans, creating test cases, and debugging/testing in distributed systems
Experience in automation of Web, API and DB testing (e.g. RESTful APIs & SQL databases)
Experience in Web App automation and browser compatibility testing (IE, Chrome, FF)
Experience with test automation frameworks like Selenium, Mocha, Jest etc
Experience working in an agile team
Experience in performance, scalability and stress testing at the system level
Experience in leading a QA functional team including offshore resources
Self-directed and require minimal supervision
High attention to detail
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field