United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Surgical Scrub Tech - Full Time - No weekends, call or holidays!
at United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
A multi-specialty surgery center in Nashville, TN is seeking an experienced, Full Time Surgical Scrub Tech to add to their outstanding Surgical Team.
Our state-of the art equipment allows surgeons to perform procedures in the specialty areas of:
- ENT, General, Ophthalmology, Orthopedic, Pain Management, Plastic, Podiatry, Retina, Urology
- Ensures sterility of all supplies and instruments during set up of surgical procedures
- Assists circulating nurse and surgical team in maintaining sterile environment
- Assists circulating nurse in gathering necessary surgical supplies and equipment
- Responsible for doing sponge, needle, and instrument count pre-operatively and intra-operative with the circulating nurse
- Gowns and gloves surgeons and assistants
- Retains all specimens to be sent to pathology, confirming source/name of specimen with surgeon
- Other standard Surgical Scrub Technician responsibilities
- Completion of a Scrub Technician Program
- Certification preferable
- Two years of experience as a Scrub Tech in multiple specialties or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Reasoning Ability: Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Able to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Other skills and abilities: General familiarity with medical terminology as it pertains to anatomy and surgical procedures for an operating room.
- Orthopedic, Urology, and Ophthalmology experience preferred