Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Desktop Support Specialist - Nashville, TN
Job Reference #: 02BLL
This will be a 12 month temporary position with full-time hours.
What you'll be doing:
Under general direction, the role is responsible for maintaining the desktop/ workstation environment, software distribution, security updates and second level troubleshooting. This employee acts as a lead for escalation of complex issues.
- Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, upgrades, replaces and repairs computer systems hardware and computer peripherals. Act as an escalation point for complex technical and configuration issues.
- Softphone and Hard Phone Configuration and Administration.
- Monitor and Maintain Desktop Compliance such as SCCM Client Health, SEP Anti-Virus and MS Patch updates.
- Monitor and Maintain Site's DHCP IPs ensuring each client/department has enough IP Pool, VLAN Configuration and Administration.
- Assist with implementing discovery, planning and managing projects. Act as a liaison between other departments and the Site IT group.
- Work with other IT teams during the development and deployment phase of new desktop images or software projects. Recommend method changes for processes and general group development involving new technology.
- Employee will need to provide minimal training and technical assistance to end users.
- Able to lead by example and act as a mentor to Desktop Support Associate Technicians.
- Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in one or more areas vital to the success of the call center such as production application support, internal e-mail support, and quality assurance system support.
- Creating/Updating documentations like SOPs Job Aids, FAQs, etc.
What skills you will bring:
- Relevant two-year associate or bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Superior IT support knowledge is required. Must be able to install, configure and troubleshoot current desktop operating systems.
- Working knowledge of PC hardware and Microsoft software applications (e.g. MS Office, etc.).
- Working knowledge of SCCM, Antivirus, TACACS, VLAN, DHCP, Active Directory, Group Policies, MS Exchange, network and remote administration, software deployment as well as imaging software and processes.
- High attention to detail in planning, reporting and execution of assigned work and must be proactive in resolving issues or developing better work practices.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and have good time management skills for daily tasks and projects.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, rotating schedules and additional hours as required.
- Working knowledge is desired in scripting using PowerShell, DOS base and other command language
- Working knowledge in creating/updating documentation (i.e. SOP's, Job Aids, FAQ's, etc.)
Who We Are:
TTEC is a pioneer in customer experience, engagement and growth solutions. Our 40,000 employees serve customers in more than 80 countries and 50 languages across social, mobile, and digital channels. We utilize a holistic approach, applying solutions from our four customer experience segments-Consulting, Technology, Care and Growth-to help companies provide an amazing experience to their customers, inspire customer loyalty, and grow their business. Our employees live by a set of customer-focused values that guide relationships with clients, their customers and each other.
Why choose TTEC to enhance and broaden your career? We are just as passionate about providing ideal solutions to solving our client's business problems by driving customer experience outcomes with our enhanced technical capabilities, as you are. Whether you're the Engineer, Architect, Account Manager, Practice Leader or Sales Executive we need your talent to help us in our exciting journey to success!
TTEC requires all employees hired in the United States to successfully pass a background check and depending on location and client program a drug test, as a condition of employment. TTEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!