The Turnip Truck Natural Market
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Turnip Truck Natural Market
- 19-Feb-2020 to 19-Apr-2020 (CST)
- Nashville, TN, USA
- Full Time
The Turnip Truck is growing!
We are looking for leaders to join our dedicated team.
Come be part of our dynamic and dedicated team. The Turnip Truck provides a nurturing environment to grow and learn new skills while polishing your talents.
Founded by John Dyke in 2001, The Turnip Truck is Nashville's only full service, locally owned, natural foods grocer. Our store has farming roots, which run through every facet of operations.
Our shelves are stocked with the highest quality natural, local and organic foods available. In addition, we are devoted to fostering the success of area farmers and producers, nurturing the future of our food supply. We believe in the simple, ancient and timeless power of ethically grown, locally harvested food to feed our communities. The Turnip Truck exists to nourish our communities by offering the highest quality local and national natural and organic food available.
Position: Produce Clerk
Reports to: Store Director/Manager on Duty/Produce Manager/Produce Lead
Purpose: A Produce Clerk is responsible effectively maintaining an attractive and abundant organic produce department. A Produce Clerk is also responsible for customer service as per company standard, generating sales, housekeeping, merchandising, signing, pricing, loss prevention in adherence to all company policies and store standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To know and enforce the company's policies and procedures.
- Receiving, Stocking, Merchandising
- Ensure all items are checked in, handled and processed in accordance with standard receiving procedures.
- Process invoices, making sure to report to manager quality concerns and pricing discrepancies
- See that product is properly stored.
- Keep shelves abundantly stocked
- Maintain visually appealing displays as per the direction of the manager
- Ensure all products on display shelf are of the highest quality and are properly culled.
- Maintain high standard of safety and cleanliness in work and display area
- Keep all work areas clean and organized
- Maintain signage to ensure it is accurate, properly programmed at register and represents proper country of origin distinction.
- Ensure satisfaction of customer's needs
- Handle customer requests, suggestions, complaints and questions. Report to manager, especially areas needing follow up
- Be available to answer customer's questions and show them to products throughout store.
- Understand & maintain state and third-party certification standards
- Handle and label produce in a manner that is consistent with certified organic standards
- Previous Produce experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team; ability to communicate effectively with customers.
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
- Ability to sell proactively.
- Ability to learn basic knowledge of all products carried in department.
- Effective time management skills.
- Strong work ethic and integrity.
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness and ensure products are within dates for resale.
- Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
- Use of box cutters.
- Use of pallet jacks or other heavy machinery.
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck, and waist; reach above and below shoulders and squat.
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 40 pounds. Push and pull carts and pallets.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
DISCLAIMER: The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, requirements, and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations or work environment change.