Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Plant Human Resources Manager
Federal-Mogul has recently been acquired by Tenneco. The strategic combination of Tenneco’s Ride Performance business with Federal-Mogul’s Motorparts business will establish a global aftermarket leader with an impressive portfolio of some of the strongest brands in the aftermarket including Monroe®, Walker®, Wagner®, Champion®, Fel-Pro® and MOOG®. The company’s broader aftermarket product coverage, stronger distribution channels, and enhanced channel development will strengthen its position in established and high growth markets (China and India), and drive success through new mobility models and capturing evolving e-commerce opportunities.
We are looking for an experienced Human Resources Manager to join our distribution center in Smyrna, TN. The person in this role will function of this position is to recruit, select, develop, train and maintain a competent motivated work force necessary to support and maintain production at the Smyrna, Tennessee facility. In addition, corporate and local personnel policies and procedures are to be established, implemented and communicated in such a manner that will ensure high employee morale maintaining our work environment. This person will report to the HR Director and will become a valued member of our team therefore, opportunities for advancement are strong.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You’ll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Overall personnel administration in the Smyrna facility including adherence to appropriate legal and other requirements.
- Selection and hiring of capable employees throughout the facility both hourly and salaried.
- Manages and ensures compliance of hiring practices and applicant log to meet Affirmative Action Plans and EEO guidelines.
- Ensures that all personnel records are maintained through employee masters and personnel change notices, resulting in a complete and accurate record of each employee from their DOH through their termination of employment.
- Administers hourly and salaried benefit plans in accordance with Corporate and Company procedures and Tennessee law.
- Assist EHS Manager in preparing accurate OSHA records to meet legal requirements in reporting injuries.
- Provides a variety of recreational events and award services for employees, including both on-site and off-site activities such as holiday dinners, picnics, perfect attendance and year of service recognition.
- Promotes good human relations through employee communication which shall include bulletin board posting, conducting regular group meetings and promoting an open door policy.
- Be accessible to employees in their work areas (and in private) in an effort to keep in touch with overall employee moral, identify employee problem areas and offer feedback and/or follow-ups as needed.
- Must have the ability to counsel employees and provide reasonable contact information for professional assistance if/when needed.
- Advertises and promote employee accomplishments and contributions through the locally published employee newsletters and by submitting articles to be published in the FM World.
- Maintain an Employee Manual (Handbook) updating changes in policies and practices, and distributing supplements as necessary.
- Review plant’s goals and objectives and participate in establishes department staffing and financial budget during the annual planning process.
- Manages and reports each month on performance to the plan with appropriate corrective actions when necessary.
- Assist in meeting both the corporate safety initiatives and local EHS management system requirements (EHSMS).
- Performs training of the workforce annually or as necessary to satisfy local and corporate requirements such as Harassment Training, Integrity Training and Employee Orientation.
- Participates on employee centered teams to ensure a direct connection to management by building internal communication thus promoting a non-union environment.
- Adheres to plant and corporate financial and integrity requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required; Master's Degree or SPHR Preferred
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5 years’ experience in a managerial position.
- 3 years’ experience in a Human Resources position.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize good conflict resolution skills in order to handle and resolve associate conflict.