Sunbelt Rentals, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Sunbelt Rentals, inc.
Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Are you seeking an entrepreneurial, empowering workplace that allows you to:
• Develop a career track
• Leverage your current skills while developing new skills
• Work with an incredible team of people
Sunbelt Rentals--the fastest growing rental business in North America--is seeking a Service Manager. As a Service Manager, you will manage the servicing of company and customer equipment in a timely and effective manner.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manages the repair and maintenance of company owned and customer equipment to include the organization of yard (Ready to Rent, Returned, Down)
• Prepares work schedules and handles service calls to meet customer needs and assure that equipment is available as required.
• Orders parts in order to maintain adequate supplies.
• Provides training and assistance to staff mechanics.
• Works with equipment vendors to learn the maintenance requirements and capabilities of new equipment added to inventory.
• Evaluates all equipment after repairs, maintenance or safety checks.
• Documents equipment status before and after rental.
• Handles customer complaints regarding equipment condition or operation.
• Promote safety awareness
• Perform quality control checks
• Update, maintain and keep organized equipment service records
• Create, update, close and bill work orders
• File warranty claims in a timely fashion
• Commission New Equipment
• Order parts, return parts, and perform parts inventory
• Disposal of Solid and Hazardous Material Waste (Batteries, used oil & filters, antifreeze, wash sludge)
• Reporting to include: - Equipment due for service - Fleet status Reporting - Equipment Service Record Reporting - Open work order report - Warranty claim summary report - Inventory management - Parts & merchandise detail reporting - Financial and historical trending - Service department financial summary - Shop foreman performance tool - Work order chargeback - Halt report - Open PO report - Tech paid hours vs. worked hour report
• Perform other duties assigned as assigned by the manager.
• Valid driver’s license
• Extensive experience in the repair and maintenance of self-propelled platforms and lifts
• Knowledge of work planning and scheduling and other supervisory activities
• Strong understanding of equipment capabilities and safety requirements.
• Clear perspective of maintenance and repair issues in the industry
• Planning and management experience
• Computer literacy
• Reporting experience
• Inventory management experience
The physical demands of this role require bending, squatting, crouching, reaching, lifting 50 pounds or more, and working indoors/outdoors when required by the job. The above description is not a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to comply with applicable laws. Sunbelt Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer — Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran and any other protected class.
Gear up for an exciting career!
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter.
Sunbelt Rentals is one of the largest equipment rental companies in North America. Backed by a national network, Sunbelt successfully services a variety of customers - from those in the commercial, residential, industrial, municipal, and specialized service industries, to weekend do-it-yourselfers. Sunbelt’s extensive fleet exceeds $4.0 billion and includes general construction equipment, industrial tools, pumps and power generation equipment, trench shoring, scaffolding, remediation & restoration equipment, and more.
Specialty Divisions and Market Segment Focus:
Designed to serve distinct customer segments requiring a high level of technical expertise, Sunbelt Rentals offer a highly diversified product mix, as well as trained experts.
- Climate Control Services
- Industrial Services
- Tools & Equipment
- Oil & Gas Services
- Pile Driving Services
- Pump & Power Services
- Scaffold Services
- Remediation and Restoration
- Flooring Solutions
- Facility Maintenance
Sunbelt Safety & Training:
Central to our company’s policies and practices is our focus on the safety of our customers and employees. We offer comprehensive safety programs dedicated to scaffolding, aerial work platforms and forklifts. In addition, all Sunbelt employees undergo mandatory worker safety programs administered by location managers and those who operate company vehicles complete a safe driving program. Learn More
Why Work Here?
At Sunbelt Rentals, we place enormous value on the welfare and commitment of our employees as well as the superior level of service they provide for our customers. All our employees benefit from extensive on-the-job training which is amongst the best in the industry. Our advancement opportunities are why many of our staff remain with us throughout their careers. A career with Sunbelt Rentals means diversity, teamwork, recognition for exceptional performance, and room to grow!
We are proud to offer the following benefits:
- Health Insurance
- Dental/Vision coverage
- 401(k) Plan - US
- RRS Plan - CAN
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- And many more
Sunbelt Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran