Steward Health Care System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Manager, Accounts Receivable
at Steward Health Care System
About Steward Health Care System
Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
Steward Medical Group is looking for a hands-on Senior Manager of Revenue Cycle reporting to the Senior Director of Revenue Cycle. We are looking for an individual who thrives in a fast-paced, fun environment while focusing on establishing and streamlining processes. This position will not only oversee the revenue cycle, but will also drive the organization toward key strategic objectives in Steward’s uniquely autonomous environment.
The position is open due to continued rapid national growth of the medical group and the department needs a creative, collaborative, proactive people manager to drive scalable process improvements. The Accounts Receivable Department is 80% in the Franklin TN office with 20% in the Watertown MA office. Travel between the two offices is required based on the needs of the team. This role will lead multiple AR Managers with oversight over a large (45+ FTE’s) organization at various levels and titles with potential for team growth. Along with healthcare AR experience, one must be passionate about being a supportive people manager. This is a highly visible role working with many different Revenue Cycle teams including Provider Enrollment, Revenue Performance, Payor Intelligence, and Revenue Recognition along with Practice Operations and Finance.
- Drive Accounts Receivable collection across a quickly rowing national organization
- Drive personal accountability and performance success across large teams
- Align business approach to AR to core operations of process integrity, identifying inefficiencies, waste, manual effort, and opportunities for scalable improvement
- Identify KPIs to analyze and monitor data to measure productivity, staffing models, and potential operational improvement initiatives
- Continue to foster a culture of innovative thinking and continuous improvement through education and coaching
- Collaborate with functional management teams and key business stakeholders to design, develop, and implement strategies for optimizing business processes and workflows
- Approximately 25% travel required
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of revenue cycle operations and related business processes
- Excellent interpersonal/communications skills
- Ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Exceptional organizational skills and the flexibility to handle multiple tasks and deadline pressures
- Self-starter who is passionate about building high performing fun team environments
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent amount of education and experience, Master's degree in Healthcare or Business Administration preferred, but not required
- Minimum of 8+ years’ progressive experience in healthcare operations with demonstrated experience managing large teams in a dynamic, fast-paced environment; 5+ years management responsibility preferred
- AthenaCollector SME, ideally overseeing multiple table spaces in a national environment including the enrollment tables
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (ie. Word, Excel and PowerPoint)