Snap-on Business Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Snap-on Business Solutions
- Job ID
Position Summary: Install, maintain, troubleshoot/repair, and perform preventive maintenance for equipment throughout the facility. Utilize equipment manuals, blue prints, diagrams, schematics, and verbal instruction to repair mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, and combustion equipment, devices, and components. Efficiently inspect, analyze, troubleshoot, repair, and return equipment to production. Maintain the machinery to a good working status, to enable maximum output. Provide technical support and guidance to Mechatronics Technicians in an effort to troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair the root cause of equipment downtime.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment including safe tools and work practices, maintaining and installing guarding, and electrical safety.
- Perform Lock-out Tag-out procedures.
- Comply with all environmental policies and procedures.
- Complete all work orders consistent with the customer’s expectations (production) and the Maintenance Supervisor’s expectations while continuously striving to improve our position as a World-Class Manufacturer.
- Utilize PC’s and laptops to input, monitor, and complete work orders.
- Utilize the LAN/Internet to read technical documents and research components.
- Initiate improvements to increase equipment OEE and uptime.
- Facilitate the installation of new equipment
- Participation in various plant improvement programs, including but not limited to:
- 6s Workshops
- PM Workshops
- RCI Lean Events
- Health and Safety Events
- Work with various teams to rebuild and improve existing equipment and processes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to interact with various departments on numerous coexisting projects.
- Must be self-motivated and perform under well stressful conditions.
- Must possess interpersonal skills allowing for interaction with management and shop-floor employees.
- Must attend work on a daily basis and perform heavy bending, lifting, and twisting.
- 2 Year Associates Degree in Electronics or equivalent.
- Minimum of five years experience, preferably in a machining and maintenance environment.
- Must make the required scores on the specified NOCTI assessments for this position.
- Blueprint reading including electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematics.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair pneumatic, hydraulic, mechanical, electrical controls, and electrical distribution.
- Responsible for supporting and maintaining software driven controls including but not limited to:
- Programmable Logic Controllers
- Operator interfaces
- Computer Numeric Controllers
- Servo and Stepper Drive systems
- Robotics: Adept, Motoman, Fanuc
- Process control systems including temperature, position, and force control.
- Perform PLC troubleshooting of Allen Bradley, Siemens, Automation Direct, and Koyo controls.
- Verify and update electrical prints and equipment software
- Understand axis control systems, force and distance monitoring, burner control systems, and robotic systems.
- Computer literate with skills in spreadsheets, word-processing, presentation, and E-mail software.
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- Allen Bradley software including PLC2, RSLogix 500/5000, and PanelBuilder
- Siemens Software including TI, Step 5, and Step 7
- Fanuc Software including FAPT Ladder
- Koyo software including DirectSoft and C-More
- Motor and Drive software including Drive Explorer, PACSCI, and IBS
- Communication software including ProComm, PCIN, and RSLinx
- Understand Ethernet and USB drivers
- CNC equipment experience: Mazak, Haas, Mori Seiki, Doosan, DMG, Takamaz, and Murata
- Machining experience including CNC programming
- AutoCAD design work
- Microsoft Office packaged including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and Project.