Smith Seckman Reid, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Manager (Industrial)
at Smith Seckman Reid, Inc.
# of openings:
A leading comprehensive engineering design and consulting firm, SSR provides innovative solutions for clients with facility and infrastructure challenges. To achieve client needs, SSR has multiple locations across the US. Working with a diverse group of individuals in a variety of markets, our team of experts partner with our clients to deliver advanced solutions that last.
SSR is committed to providing opportunities and benefits to colleagues that promote living fully. Through various competitive benefits and programs available, SSR supports the health, well-being, and personal growth of its employees. SSR offers benefit options including medical, dental, and vision coverage, a generous contribution to employee-owned Health Savings Account, 401(k) with matching up to the full IRS maximum, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other employee incentives and wellness programs. SSR is a 2019 A/E/C Building a Better World Award Winner which recognizes our commitment to community outreach and improvement.
We feel that SSR is a great place, but don’t take our word for it, See what our colleagues are saying at www.ssr-inc.com/life-at-ssr .
Why Choose SSR? Look at our Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn pages to discover more.
W e are Certified "Great Place to Work" http://www.greatplacetowork.com/certified-company/1001559
Looking for a Project Manager (Industrial) for Nashville
A Great Opportunity for Growth within a Successful Company. SSR one of the most progressive and innovative controls and engineering firms is looking for a Project Manager (Industrial) to assist SSR in supporting internationally known clients’ in the Memphis region with engineering, construction management and controls automation projects. We specialize in the food, chemical, renewables, and petroleum industries. SSR Engineering is looking for an experienced Project Manager for projects in industrial, processing, institutional and commercial facilities. The Project Manager is responsible for leading cross-functional teams of process/business experts, engineers and designers to deliver client projects on time, on budget and in scope. They are also the primary point of contact for new clients from the closing of the sale to the successful project execution.
- Lead design team to achieve the client expectations
- Accountable for project costs, schedules, performance and safety
- Communications, escalations and resolving client issues
- Acting as point of contact to senior-level client project and executive sponsors
- Report into senior management
- Lead mid-size, multi-disciplinary projects
- Responsible for adhering to all SSR's safety standards and practices
- Perform other related duties as assigned
An ideal candidate will possess the following requirements:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Chemical, Construction, or Civil
Engineering and 5 years of relevant working experience with advanced knowledge in mechanical engineering or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- 5 years’ experience in project management/execution with an understanding of standard project management processes/procedures
- Experience in working with Food Manufacturing, Chemical, Renewables, Petroleum Clients, construction of mid-size industrial plants, or power stations will be advantageous
- High level interpersonal skills, tact, and diplomacy
- Ability to develop business opportunities
- Ability to manage small to mid-size projects
- Proficient in executing fast tracked projects
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to meet project deadlines
- Scope management and client management skills
- Engineering consulting firm experience
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, while being capable of interacting effectively with plant operations from the maintenance level through and including the executive level
- Must have a proven track record of accomplishments as a project manager or engineer on industrial projects and be capable of supervising and directing a team of engineers, contractors, and vendors
- Working knowledge of excel including macros
- Self-starter with strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task while working on numerous projects simultaneously at various stages of completion
- Possess and able to maintain a valid driver’s license
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office, MS Project required
- Office, plant, or client site environment*
- Ability to sit and work at computer for an extended period of time
- Ability to walk up numerous flights of stairs/ladders multiple times a day and/or work in
- tight spaces in extreme conditions
- May work near moving mechanical parts and equipment*
- Office, Commercial and/or Industrial setting with the potential of exposure to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals*
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.*
- Periodic weekend, holiday or evening work as needed
- Travel and/or field experience required
- SSR will provide training, administrative/engineering controls, and personal protective equipment as necessary
SSR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Our mission is to make a positive difference for our clients, colleagues, and communities.