Smith Seckman Reid, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Smith Seckman Reid, Inc.
# of openings:
A leading comprehensive engineering design and consulting firm, SSR provides innovative solutions for clients with facility and infrastructure challenges. To achieve client needs, SSR has multiple locations across the US. Working with a diverse group of individuals in a variety of markets, our team of experts partner with our clients to deliver advanced solutions that last.
SSR is committed to providing opportunities and benefits to colleagues that promote living fully. Through various competitive benefits and programs available, SSR supports the health, well-being, and personal growth of its employees. SSR offers benefit options including medical, dental, and vision coverage, a generous contribution to employee-owned Health Savings Account, 401(k) with matching up to the full IRS maximum, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other employee incentives and wellness programs. SSR is a 2019 A/E/C Building a Better World Award Winner which recognizes our commitment to community outreach and improvement.
We feel that SSR is a great place, but don’t take our word for it, See what our colleagues are saying at www.ssr-inc.com/life-at-ssr .
Why Choose SSR? Look at our Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn pages to discover more.
W e are Certified "Great Place to Work" http://www.greatplacetowork.com/certified-company/1001559
Looking for a Process Engineer for Nashville
The Process Engineer develops and optimizes economical industrial processes. Evaluates client processes, modifies existing, or designs new manufacturing systems to reduce cost, improve sustainability, and develop best practices within the production process. Responsibilities involve sizing and specifying process equipment, designing safe and efficient process systems, installing process control systems, as well as providing onsite process engineering support to clients in a variety of industries. Assists the project team in the delivery of projects on time, within budget, and consistent with industry and client standards.
- Assumes responsible charge for projects within the engineer’s experience and expertise; may serve as the Engineer of Record (EOR) on assigned projects
- Provides subject matter expertise and ownership on assigned deliverables
- Assesses processes for their relevance and the adequacy of equipment installed
- Reviews existing process and lab data and produces written reports to explain findings; may be involved in field observation and data collection as well
- Designs and commissions new production units, implements process modifications and upgrades, and troubleshoots existing processes
- Applies the principles of mass, momentum and heat transfer to process and equipment design, including conceptual, schematic, and detailed design phases
- Supports the conversion of small-scale processes into commercially viable large-scale operations
- Attends meetings with owners, clients, contractors, or other specialists as needed
- Conducts project job site visits to make observations and take measurements as necessary
- Coordinates with local authorities, utilities, and municipalities to incorporate associated construction and government standards
- Develops man-hour budgets with the Project Manager; plans work and performs tasks in accordance with the budget
- Provides input, feedback, and updates on project schedules and plans work in accordance with the schedule
- Ensures all aspects of an operation or process meets specified regulations
- Prepares reports, flow diagrams, and charts
- Assumes responsibility for preparing and conducting risk assessments, including Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) studies, health and safety studies for company staff and the wider community
- Assists with the preparation and implementation of a proactive Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) plan for projects
- Assists senior technical staff in the development of technical documentation, proposals, and presentations to clients
- Coordinates with suppliers, contractors, clients, and other specialists to determine project scope and cost
- Maintains a continued focus on keeping up with industry trends and changes with continued self-education and training
- Actively participates in the local chapter of a professional organization where the technical reputation and professional image of the firm may be enhanced
- May assist project manager or senior staff members in tasks such as establishing project scopes and budgets or cost estimates
An ideal candidate will possess the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical or Process Engineering from an ABET accredited college with five years applicable experience in process engineering
- EI preferred
- Experience in food & beverage, chemical, petrochemical, and water/wastewater treatment preferred
- Experience with Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID) and field instrumentation
- Experience with boilers, steam, hot water, and chilled water utility systems
- Experience with compressed gas systems
- Experience with pump, piping, and valve sizing calculations to meet flow & pressure requirements
- Experience with mass, energy, and heat balances under both steady and non-steady state conditions
- Experience with AutoCAD (Plant 3D preferred) or other relevant design tools
- Frequently use a computer for several hours at a time
- May need to periodically maneuver over, under, and around barriers as well as climb ladders on a job site
- Requires the ability to transport ladders or plans weighing up to 30 pounds
SSR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Our mission is to make a positive difference for our clients, colleagues, and communities.