Smith Seckman Reid, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Smith Seckman Reid, Inc.
# of openings:
A leading comprehensive engineering design and consulting firm, SSR provides innovative solutions for clients with facility and infrastructure challenges. To achieve client needs, SSR has multiple locations across the US. Working with a diverse group of individuals in a variety of markets, our team of experts partner with our clients to deliver advanced solutions that last.
SSR is committed to providing opportunities and benefits to colleagues that promote living fully. Through various competitive benefits and programs available, SSR supports the health, well-being, and personal growth of its employees. SSR offers benefit options including medical, dental, and vision coverage, a generous contribution to employee-owned Health Savings Account, 401(k) with matching up to the full IRS maximum, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other employee incentives and wellness programs. SSR is a 2019 A/E/C Building a Better World Award Winner which recognizes our commitment to community outreach and improvement.
We feel that SSR is a great place, but don’t take our word for it, See what our colleagues are saying at www.ssr-inc.com/life-at-ssr .
Why Choose SSR? Look at our Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn pages to discover more.
W e are Certified "Great Place to Work" http://www.greatplacetowork.com/certified-company/1001559
Looking for an Electrical Engineer for Nashville.
Under general supervision or independently, the Electrical Engineer performs a variety of assignments requiring the application of standard design engineering techniques for small projects or selected segments of large projects. Continuously seeks opportunities to learn and develop within the discipline with the support of senior design staff. Assists the project team in the production of projects on time, within budget, and consistent with industry standards.
- Begins assuming responsibility for project designs under the supervision of the EOR and within the Engineer’s control and expertise
- Responsible for developing design approaches and concepts for projects with conceptual input and oversight from EOR
- Performs specific engineering studies and other design analyses using industry software
- Oversees preparation of drawings, ensuring accuracy, and neatness of work
- Evaluates the work of design colleagues and provides feedback and/or corrections
- Attends meetings with owners, clients, or architects as needed
- Coordinates with local authorities, utilities, and municipalities to incorporate associated construction, code, and government requirements
- Assists with the development of the overall man-hour budget and is responsible for the man-hour budget within the discipline; develops work plans for the discipline team in accordance with the budget
- Provides input, feedback, and updates on project schedules; plans work in accordance with the schedule
- Responsible for performing studies, load calculations, and selection of equipment appropriate to the project design
- Responsible for coordinating equipment and overall design space requirements with the architect and other disciplines
- Attends in-house project kick-off meeting and design meetings
- Reviews work for technical accuracy and completeness prior to the final QA/QC review
- Communicates design requirements and answers questions from contractors and suppliers during the bid or construction phases
- Conducts project job site visits during construction to monitor progress and observe installed construction; makes comments based on design specifications, owner expectations, and building codes
- Reviews shop drawings and submittals
- Maintains detailed records of communications with clients, contractors, vendors, and team members
- Assists in training, mentoring, and/or developmental guidance of designers and EITs
- Maintains a continued focus on keeping up with industry trends and changes through continued self-education and training
- May assist the Project Manager in facilitating some project duties as required
An ideal candidate will possess the following requirements :
- Bachelor's degree in engineering from an ABET accredited college with four years applicable experience in
discipline design and analysis
- Registered Professional Engineer
- Revit experience a must
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Knowledge of engineering theories and methodologies
SSR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Our mission is to make a positive difference for our clients, colleagues, and communities.