Smith Seckman Reid, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Smith Seckman Reid, Inc.
# of openings:
A leading comprehensive engineering design and consulting firm, SSR provides innovative solutions for clients with facility and infrastructure challenges. To achieve client needs, SSR has multiple locations across the US. Working with a diverse group of individuals in a variety of markets, our team of experts partner with our clients to deliver advanced solutions that last.
SSR is committed to providing opportunities and benefits to colleagues that promote living fully. Through various competitive benefits and programs available, SSR supports the health, well-being, and personal growth of its employees. SSR offers benefit options including medical, dental, and vision coverage, a generous contribution to employee-owned Health Savings Account, 401(k) with matching up to the full IRS maximum, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other employee incentives and wellness programs. SSR is a 2019 A/E/C Building a Better World Award Winner which recognizes our commitment to community outreach and improvement.
We feel that SSR is a great place, but don’t take our word for it, See what our colleagues are saying at www.ssr-inc.com/life-at-ssr .
Why Choose SSR? Look at our Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn pages to discover more.
W e are Certified "Great Place to Work" http://www.greatplacetowork.com/certified-company/1001559
Looking for a Construction Administrator for Nashville
The Construction Administrator ensures that projects are constructed in accordance with requirements of the project plans and specifications during the construction phase. Coordinates communications and project decisions between contractors, suppliers, design team, and the owner’s representatives. The Construction Administrator ensures that projects are constructed in accordance with requirements of the project plans and specifications during the construction phase. Coordinates communications and project decisions between contractors, suppliers, design team, and the owner’s representatives.
- Administers the contracts and all paperwork required to carry a project through the complete construction phase, which includes final inspection and start-up
- Serves as the main point of contact between the contractor and the design team during the construction phase of a project
- Assists in evaluation of contractor proposals, bids, estimates, schedules, and change orders; advises the design team and owners’ representatives of needed decisions
- Maintains current knowledge of the owner-architect agreement and any additional service agreements
- Reviews plans and specifications to coordinate the work of design and construction to ensure adherence to the project design
- Performs job site visits to discuss activities, progress, and problems with site superintendents and construction workers
- Directs the senior design staff in developing design and construction sequences that will provide the owner a high-quality facility at minimum costs
- Ensures that applicable quality procedures are carried out in a timely manner on assigned projects
- Coordinates the start-up of equipment with the client and contractor; communicates any issues that arise
- Attends meetings with the owner and contractor to provide updates and discuss present issues
- Meets with state, city, and county officials for construction review and code adherence as necessary
- Assists the owner and the design team in resolving conflicts with suppliers and contractors
- Reports unusual and special conditions or requests from contractors/suppliers to the design team and/or owners representatives and assists in resolving problems
- Reviews requests for payments by contractors and suppliers
An ideal candidate will possess the following requirements :
- Bachelor's degree in engineering from an ABET accredited college with four years applicable experience in Mechanical
- Registered Mechanical Professional Engineer
- Revit experience a must
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Knowledge of engineering theories and methodologies
- Knowledge of interrelationships among key disciplines
- Knowledge of multi-disciplined construction systems and projects
- Knowledge of applicable codes and regulations
SSR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
EOE including Disability/Veteran
Our mission is to make a positive difference for our clients, colleagues, and communities.