Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Power Products Data Architect
at Schneider Electric
Theprincipal purpose of this job is to develop product data for North America Powerproducts, enabling our digital platforms including BIM and the LayoutFAST suiteof tools, web, and eCommerce. The datawill be consumed by customers including specifiers, contractors, OEMs,panelbuilders, end users, and distributors in different phases from awarenessto design to quote and to Order Processing. Product data ultimately will produce customer quote bills of material,price, cost, category numbers, delivery codes, and drawings.
To develop a Product Data Model, one must have product knowledge in low voltage power products, expert understanding of manufacturing processes and systems, expert knowledge of quote, order, change order, price determination and PDP (Product Development Process). The ideal candidate combines application/order engineering, product management and regional marketing skills.
Key Job Responsibilities
1. Manage product data projectsfor a product line(s) across the USA, Canada, & Mexico. Each project may utilize 3-5 resources(engineering, marketing, offer management). This role must track progress, preparing weekly status reports,distribute and resolve issues/conflicts that arise from corrective actionreports.
2. Developproduct feature-based question and answer sets (e.g. Ampacity, Voltage,Enclosure Type, etc.) utilizing the BIM platform DATAmanager.
3. Specifyand perform data entry of rule logic that validates the answers provided by thecustomer by preventing mutually exclusive answer conditions as well as makingsure required options have been selected under specific conditions.
4. Develop and maintainconfiguration logic
5. Specify the layoutvalidation logic for products that allow custom arranged component placement(similar to a Device Placement specification). This is applicable on a product by product basis.
6. Specify and perform dataentry of product pricing and pricing rule logic. Same applies to delivery codes, cost,category and feature description tables (may require English and/or French and/orSpanish currency and language).
7. Specify and perform dataentry in a modified version of FAST to BIM documents and the application logicthat delivers automated drawings to the quotation and order processingenvironments.
8. Develop test environments forproduct selector projects, participate in testing process where appropriate.Testing may encompass all aspects of product data.
9. Support evolvingdata needs for Web and ecommerce.
- Minimumyears of experience needed for position: 4
- Product knowledge in low voltage power products
- Understanding of manufacturing processes and systems
- The ideal candidate combines application/order engineering, product management and regional marketing skills.