Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assembly Process Engineer
at Schneider Electric
Join Schneider Electric and power your career!
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
Schneider Electric is seeking a motivated individual to serve as Assembly Process Engineer for support of product assembly line development for new products in the Schneider Electric Energy Management, Power Products division. Individual responsibility covers everything from assembly conception to full qualified process hand off to Operations partners as the new product development project is closed.
- Participate as a team of assembly engineering specialists to industrialize assembly processes for new product development
- Acts as safety and health champion for New Product Development assembly outputs (peer review, ergonomic, environmental, quality…)
- Ensure assembly process deliverables are aligned with global assembly process practices
- Work directly with Designers and Engineers to optimize part design for design for assembly (DFA)
- Understand and modify automated equipment/machine specifications and their detailed designs and BOMs
- Identify portions of assembly process where automation will deliver solid benefit to cost tradeoff
- Understand and be able to modify if needed mechanical design drawings for electrical controls requirements (Creo)
- Be able to modify PLC and HMI programs for automated equipment/machines
- Apply digital tools to assembly procedures, operator training
- Conduct DFA risk study / Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA) assessing critical characteristics, risks, and developing mitigation plans
- Determines and realizes all actions necessary for prototype assembly
- Conduct financial assessment on the assembly process design based on unit volumes and maximizing return on capital employed
- Document the technical and generic specifications of the assembly process design including line layouts, station layouts, information management, capacity and workload balancing, preferred component usage, etc…
- Estimating and managing Operating and Capital Expense requirements from project inception to final asset transfer
- Prepare an assembly value add target cost estimate based on costing models and use this to optimize the total cost and Industrial strategy decisions
- Participate in the supplier selection and contract review process with Purchasing for outsourced assemblies
- Launch request for quote for assembly assets working with Purchasing
- Ensure the availability of assembly processes / scheduling is aligned with master project schedule through direct work with Project Industrialization Leader
- Monitor assembly process equipment completion with suppliers and actively participate / lead the process qualification process while optimizing the performance
- Obtain plant acceptance and provide the final sign-off on tool and process for project deliverables
- Stay current on developing trends in industry regarding assembly processes, methods, and competencies
- Ensure compliance of all documentation in alignment with the global Schneider Production System (SPS) processes
- Support existing automated equipment/machine designs and production issues
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial Engineering or similar
- 5 years of experience in assembly line development and deployment
- Experience with electrical and pneumatic systems
- Experience in a broad range of sub and final assembly processes
- Experience in a new product development environment or related stage gate process awareness
- Experience with digital tools for guided assembly (ex KL2, Uptale)
- Proven ability to define key line measurements, process parameters then methods to collect them and driving MES integration based on those data points
- Experience applying tools and software to analyze efficiency of assembly lines and identify improvement areas
- Strong communication skills in English (written and verbal)
- Proven ability to work successfully in a multicultural virtual environment across various functions (design engineering, purchasing, quality, marketing, finance, mfg operations and others)
- Proven ability to influence and convince through negotiation
- Motivated self-starter, who able to work autonomously in parallel on multiple projects
- Facilitator to drive problem solving and troubleshooting activities
- 5 years of experience in assembly line development for high-volume manufacturing environment
- 2 years of experience in assembly line development which includes significant level of automation
- PLC programming (ex. Unity, ProWORX, SoMachine)
- Experience configuring and designing HMI systems
- Experience configuring and modifying MES systems (ex. Wonderware, Flowmanager)
- Experience in large data analytics and software used to create the algorithms (ex. R, Scala, Python, Julia)
- Knowledge of communication protocols (Modbus, Modbus TCP, CAN, Profibus, etc)
- Basic understanding of UL61010-1 Standard, NFPA 79, National Electric Code
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it's like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric, because we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, matching 401(k), training and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let's make the most of your energy.