Ritchie Bros Auctioneers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Ritchie Bros Auctioneers
Move,Build, Grow your career!
Asthe premier global asset management and disposition company, Ritchie Bros.helps thousands of people around the world buy and sell heavy equipment,trucks, and other assets every month. With our multiple onsite and onlineselling platforms and commitment to first-class customer service, Ritchie Bros.is trusted worldwide for making buying and selling easy, efficient, fair, andtransparent. If you're an innovator with an entrepreneurial spirit, we want youto join our growing team – employed in a wide variety of positions from salesto operations to corporate functions – as we transform the global usedequipment market.
Joinus on our journey and move forward with us, build yoursuccess, and grow your career.
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers has an immediate opening for an Equipment Inspector at our Nashville, Tennessee auction site. This role is ideal for someone with a background in conducting heavy equipment inspections. No auction experience is needed to work in this role, and lots of training will be provided.
Our Equipment Inspectors are part of our Detailed Equipment Information (DEI) team. They perform accurate and thorough visual inspections (eg. wear points, damage, hour meter readings, etc) and functional testing (eg. basic operations) on heavy equipment. They also:
- Gather and verify equipment inventory information (eg. contract proofs, equipment additions, serial numbers, etc.).
- Identify and record equipment components, accessories and asset details.
- Verify equipment descriptions, based on our Equipment Standards Manual.
- Ensure the quality of equipment data and other related information.
- Verify requirements for warranty applicable items.
- Compose and take photos of the equipment.
- Provide assistance as required to the DEI Team.
- Assist the Sales team with appraisals and write-ups in the field between peak periods.
- Promote a culture where the health and safety of our employees and customers is top priority for all.
- Actively support the RB Unreserved Commitment to Safety: to send everyone home, every day, the way they came to work, by taking personal responsibility for your safety and safety of your team, co-workers and customers.
Here's what you bring:
- High school graduate with some post-secondary education is a must
- Prior experience in equipment management (inspections, inventory and appraisals) and/or inventory control management, preferably in the auction or heavy equipment business
- Knowledge of industrial and/or agricultural equipment, trucks and trailers.
- Proficiency using computers, MS Office Suite products (Word, Excel) and digital cameras
- Top-notch written and verbal communication skills (you will be using a 2-way radio and a desk phone)
- Good penmanship – we need to be able to read your writing and printing easily.
- Excellent organizational skills, a keen eye for detail and a commitment to accuracy
- Experience working independently and collaboratively in a team-oriented environment. You thrive working as part of a team, and pitch-in wherever needed
- Strong time management skills; the ability to multi-task effectively and prioritize work are essential
- A strong customer service orientation
- You're process-oriented, hands-on, and ready to roll up your sleeves to succeed in this role
- You like to work hard, and still have fun on the job
- Maintain a valid, clean driver's license
- Work both indoors and outdoors year-round, and climb on and off large equipment and trucks
- Because we are an event-driven company, we'll need you to work regular overtime, including weekend hours, at onsite auction sales. You can expect to work extra hours prior to each sale, during each sale, and for after each sale.
Our success is built on the drive and dedication of our people. As we grow around the globe, there will be many opportunities to advance your career – we've proven this throughout our 60 years in business. And, we'll support you along the way. Here's how:
- Base salary paid overtime.
- Affordable, comprehensive medical & dental benefits.
- Ongoing training, professional development and a tuition reimbursement program.
- Safety equipment subsidy.
- Meals catered at auction time.
For an idea of what our auctions are like, you can check out some videos on YouTube.
Establishedin 1958, Ritchie Bros. (NYSE and TSX: RBA) is a global assetmanagement and disposition company, offering customers end-to-end solutions forbuying and selling used heavy equipment, trucks and other assets. Operating ina multitude of sectors, including construction, transportation, agriculture,energy, oil and gas, mining, and forestry, the company's selling channelsinclude: RitchieBros. Auctioneers, the world's largestindustrial auctioneer offers live auction events with online bidding; IronPlanet, an online marketplace with featured weeklyauctions and providing its exclusive IronClad Assurance® equipment conditioncertification; Marketplacee, an onlinemarketplace offering multiple price and timing options; Mascus, a leading European online equipmentlisting service; and Ritchie Bros. Private Treaty, offering privatelynegotiated sales. The company also offers sector-specific solutionsincluding GovPlanet, TruckPlanet, Kruse Energy Auctioneers, and Cat® auctions,plus equipment financing and leasing through Ritchie Bros. Financial Services. For more informationabout the unprecedented choice provided by Ritchie Bros., visit RitchieBros.com.
RitchieBros. is an equal opportunity employer and ensures nondiscrimination in allactivities in accordance with all applicable laws. This position is open to allqualified applicants who are legally entitled to work in the country in whichthis job is located. Candidate selection is made by Talent Acquisition. Onlyelectronic applications can be accepted. No agency calls please.