Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Progress Residential
- Job ID
- Job Location
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 30,000 homes in fifteen of the country’s fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership. Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology.
Over the past three years our portfolio has doubled in size and we have added new executive leadership, including the recent appointment of Charles “Chaz” Mueller to Chief Executive Officer. We see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Progress Residential has a national footprint with our executive office located in Dallas, Texas, our corporate office in Scottsdale, Arizona and regional offices in Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Las Vegas, Memphis, Miami, Nashville, Orlando, Phoenix, Raleigh, Sarasota, and Tampa.
The Service Manager is a member of the Property Management team and is responsible for the management and oversight of both the maintenance of our occupied homes and the make ready (renovation) process during vacancy. The Service Manager II is responsible for a number of key performance indicators including resident satisfaction, self-performance measures, cycle times, and adherence to budget. The Service Manager II is a hands-on, working manager who will perform certain construction tasks in addition to managing the portfolio.
- Manage Service and Turns to provide outstanding customer service and timely resolution to resident requests on both occupied and vacant home issues
- Monitor and manages response times, resident satisfaction and the overall productivity and efficiency within their portfolio
- Review workload and approves use of third party vendors as appropriate. Reviews vendor pricing and approves invoices for completed work
- Diagnose and performs service, repairs, and make ready jobs as scheduled and workload permits
- Follow-up on service orders to ensure resident satisfaction with the work completed and works to resolve issues with dissatisfied customers
- Manage and execute semi-annual home inspection program to improve resident satisfaction, control unit turn costs and maximize average length of tenancy
- Conduct other property visits for the purposes of occupancy and lease compliance checks, posting notices, coordinating utilities, eviction lock-outs, etc
- Perform move-in inspections and new resident orientation for assigned move-ins
- Perform pre-move out inspections on homes 30 days prior to resident move-out
- Perform move-out inspections and determines the labor, vendor and material needs to return the home to a make ready condition and coordinates and schedules this work either directly or through the Make Ready Coordinator
- Ensure timely completion turns across the portfolio to minimize downtime and maximize rental revenue
- Perform make ready quality and move-in ready inspections and is responsible for ensuring all punch list items are completed either by performing the work directly or through coordination with the Make Ready Coordinator
- Ensure all assigned rent ready units meet quality control guidelines
- Conducts Pre-Move-In inspections, changes locks and removes signage prior to resident move-in orientations
- Comply with the Company’s national procurement policy and program
- Oversee vendors to ensure the best possible outcome on service requests and turns, that residents are highly satisfied, and expenses and costs stay within stated company targets
- Control costs, perfors maintenance and turns within budget, accurately track and report work
- Communicate effectively with Service Director and Portfolio Operations Director
- Comply with all Company applicable health and safety rules and regulations, as well as ensure all properties are compliant with local, state and federal health and safety laws
Human Resource Management
- Coordinate activities to maximize the efficiency of all processes
- Ensure that all required training is completed in a timely manner
- Ensure that workplace safety standards and practices are upheld at all times
- Performance management of personnel including, reviews, corrective action, mentoring, development and performance improvement plans.
- 5 or more years of experience with operations and maintenance in multi-family, commercial or military housing; or experience with construction management, construction and repair; or equivalent work experience as a residential construction superintendent for either production or large scale custom home building operation
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Valid Driver's License required
- Ability to work flexible hours which may include some weekends and evenings.
- Available for on-call service
- Ability to review and understand cost estimates and scopes of work and in tune with current labor rates in given MSA
- Effective communication skills, ability to work with General and Sub-Contractors on scope, price and schedule
- Ability to effectively schedule and manage multiple contractors/crews at various locations within a given geographic area
- Extensive knowledge of Plumbing, Electrical, HVAC, Flooring, Appliances, Landscaping and Irrigation Systems as they relate to residential homes
- Mastery of general UBC building codes and rental property health and safety regulations.
- Required equipment - Employee must have their own basic tools required to perform ongoing service in residential environment. (Some tools provided)
- Typical Physical Demands - Regularly required sitting and standing for several hours at a time, to climb up and down stairs several times each day, and to lift 50 pounds with ease
- Strong customer service skills, must be able to put customers at ease
- Strong skills with MS office products including Excel
- SalesForce and/or Yardi experience strongly preferred
- Proven record of working independently and with minor supervision
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, and 9 paid holidays.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.