PREMIER System Integrators, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Control Systems Engineer (Nashville, TN)
at PREMIER System Integrators, Inc.
Feel like your hard work and talent is going unnoticed in your position currently?
PREMIER is growing and looking to hire the best Senior Control Systems Engineers to join our Nashville team. At PREMIER, you're not just another engineer added to our headcount. When you work at PREMIER you become part of the PREMIER family. The Senior Control Systems Engineer position oversees and performs the design, programming, documentation, testing, and commissioning of control system projects. The Senior Control Systems Engineer also contributes to overall team performance by training/mentoring associates, providing technical assistance, and improving processes and standards. All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. PREMIER is not currently accepting work visas.
Senior Control Systems Engineer Responsibilities:
- Provides application/control systems design and development for systems of varying complexity.
- Develops and evaluates alternative system solutions that meet stated requirements.
- Modifies program/system logic involving multiple systems and subsystems.
- Develops proficiency in several programming languages and control device networks for PLCs, PCs, or DCS systems.
- Interacts with customers to gain an understanding of the business environment. Defines scope, plans and deliverables for assigned work.
- Work successfully in a matrix structure; focused strongly on customer service and personal growth.
- Regional travel 25%
Senior Control Systems Engineer Requirements:
- Minimum of a BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering from an accredited college/university or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 7+ years work experience in industrial controls and system integration with a strong focus (50% +) on software design and programming.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, have excellent attention to detail and be willing and able to learn new technologies quickly.
- Material handling or process control design, development, and troubleshooting experience.
- Rockwell ControlLogix PLC Programming experience.
- Networking experience including - EtherNet/IP, ControlNet, and DeviceNet.
- Experience successfully interacting and working with customers at multiple levels of responsibility in a manufacturing or production environment.
- Willingness to work beyond core business hours, if necessary to minimize business interruption during planned or unplanned system modifications.
- Have solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Successful completion of drug screen and background check is required
Senior Control Systems Engineer Pluses:
- Servo design, development, and troubleshooting experience of advanced motion control systems including multi-axis, coordinated axis applications is a plus. (Rockwell Kinetix experience is a plus).
- Experience with HMI, WonderWare Intouch / App Server / System Platform.
- Automotive or Food & Beverage experience.
- Experience successfully managing projects with teams of 1 to 2 engineers.
- Experience successfully managing technical projects through the entire project cycle including initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, commissioning, and closing phases.
- Familiar with common Project Management tools for managing budget, schedule, and scope of various size projects.
- Experience mentoring engineers on a technical level.
Why Work at PREMIER?
PREMIER's Engineers are some of the most talented and engaged Engineers in the industry. We offer a mind stimulating, challenging career through a variety of projects across various industries. We work in small teams, build strong relationships with our colleagues and customers, and provide many opportunities for career development. For all of these reasons and more, our Engineers have a strong sense of accomplishment and choose to call PREMIER home.
- Competitive compensation & benefits package (including above average salary, quarterly profit-sharing)
- Full medical & dental insurance
- 100% Employee Owned ESOP Company (learn more about ESOP's on our company website)
- Health savings account
- Flexible spending for both medical & dependent care
- Short & long-term disability
- Company paid holidays & training
- 401K matching & life insurance
- Work-life balance for our employees
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. PREMIER is not currently accepting work visas.
PREMIER System Integrators is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and drug-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.