Phoenix Union High School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
P/T TOA, READING/WRITING COACH
at Phoenix Union High School District
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 2275
Openings as of 12/14/2018
TEACHER ON ASSIGNMENT
- P/T TOA, READING/WRITING COACH JobID: 2275
- Position Type:
TEACHER ON ASSIGNMENT
- Date Posted:
FRANKLIN POLICE AND FIRE HIGH SCHOOL
- Closing Date:
OPEN UNTIL FILLED Phoenix Union High School District No. 210
- Analyzes course, campus and district level data in all courses as it relates to literacy for the purpose of sharing information with teachers and making informed decisions relative to instructional and assessment practices.
- Assesses skills and needs (both initially and ongoing) of teachers and students for the purpose of determining the kinds of professional development and strategies needed to bring about student achievement and gains in value added scores in all content areas.
- Leads and participates in on-going and job-embedded professional development (e.g. collaborative team meetings, workshops, trainings, and seminars) for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information related to teaching literacy, pedagogy, and coaching.
- Researches and provides information and guidance regarding a range of effective and innovative literacy practices through various activities such as:
- individual discussions (informal and formal);
- coaching sessions;
- demonstration lessons with pre- and post-discussion/analysis;
- collaborative teams or PLCs (horizontal and vertical);
- staff meetings; and
- professional development programs
- Maintains a variety of manual and electronic files and/or records (e.g. State data, student records, other data regarding literacy proficiency etc.) for the purpose of determining success of literacy coaching on student achievement.
- Mentors and coaches high school teachers and campus level coaches for the purpose of building capacity to teach and improving instruction through the embedding of literacy skills in all content areas.
- Prepares lesson plans, in collaboration with teachers, for the purpose of differentiating instruction and adhering to scope and sequence guides and district curriculum.
- Maintain paperwork consistently, appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Meet monthly with the other district Literacy Coaches and the other district level Content Specialists including but not limited to the English Language Arts Content Specialist.
- Master’s Degree in Curriculum and Instruction with an emphasis in Academic Intervention or related field preferred.
- Arizona Secondary Teaching Certificate.
- Minimum of five (5) years of English or Reading related teaching experience in a middle or secondary setting.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in the following with groups of adult learners: collaborating, modeling, observing, providing feedback and support: to improve instructional practice.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with District and campus level administration, Teachers on Assignment, Support Staff, and Arizona State Department of Education Personnel.
- Possess a working knowledge of audio, video, digital equipment, and related software or internet based programs.
- Good command of the English language and ability to compose letters and reports using correct grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Knowledge of District policies and procedures preferred.
4502 North Central Avenue
Phoenix, Arizona 85012
Equal Opportunity Employer
|POSITION TITLE:||TOA, Literacy Coach||DIVISION:||Instruction & Accountability|
|WORK YEAR:||9 Months||DEPARTMENT:||Curriculum|
|LOCATION:||CES||SALARY SCHEDULE:||Teacher/Title I Funded|
The Literacy Coach consults and works collaboratively with the English Language Content Specialist to lead and participate in the evaluation, selection development and integration of a District-wide coaching model using appropriate technology, professional development, curriculum, group and individual coaching sessions and management of student and staff learning management systems. The Literacy Coach will work with staff district wide to promote and monitor the implementation of state standard aligned, district adopted curriculum and the related plans for continuous improvement for all content areas. The Literacy Coach will work with appropriate personnel at the District level to implement and support current best practices in teaching and learning as they relate to embedding literacy instruction in to all content areas and programmatic requirements as determined by the Arizona Department of Education. Performs job related duties as assigned. This position may be renewed on an annual basis and is only valid for the length of the time that the Arizona Department of Education approves the use of Title I funds.
|PREPARED BY:||REVIEWED BY:||REVIEWED BY:||JOB NUMBER:||EFFECTIVE |
|Laura Telles, Director of Curriculum|
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!