Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Product Manager
at The General
- # Positions
The General is seeking an Assistant Product Manager to join our company.
Who We Are
We are one of the fastest growing and most exciting companies in the insurance industry to work for today. We’re proud to say we’ve been in the insurance business for over 50 years.
Because of our rapid rate of expansion, we’re looking for the best talent to help The General® bring quality insurance to people across the country. Ask any of our employees and they’ll tell you that life at The General® is a challenging, fast-paced, exciting experience that offers a competitive total rewards package, healthy work/life balance and an exciting working environment.
You’ll gain crucial insights from your potential coworkers who bring different backgrounds and professional experiences to The General®. You’ll also find there are plenty of opportunities for advancement if you’ve got the ambition. The work culture at The General® is one that celebrates diversity, team spirit, and good old-fashioned hard work.
What You'll Do
The Assistant Product Manager is responsible for analyzing and evaluating the overall performance of assigned states. As the Assistant Product Manager, you will make rate, rule, form and underwriting process changes as required to maintain state profitability and volume levels.
- Research the non-standard product marketplace in order to gain advance knowledge of the competition to analyze the company’s ability to compete within the market. Use tools like Insight, Perr-Knight, and DOI websites to keep up to date with the competitor filings and trends in the states assigned.
- Organize the research, filing, programming and delivery of rate and rule changes to the market. Develop statistical and other material required in rate and form filings and insure that rates filed are reasonable and adequate and that rates, rules and forms are in compliance with the law.
- Coordinate all operating system changes with appropriate Information Systems and Program Support personnel prior to the installation of the projects to ensure a full understanding of project specifications. Track the status of the project and communicate issues that arise and product changes to appropriate personnel including but not limited to Product, Underwriting, Customer Service, and Marketing etc. Audit rate changes for compliance and satisfactory implementation of projects to insure accuracy.
- Assist Marketing & Sales Department with the development of all sales promotional materials and marketing strategies of assigned state to ensure that they are directed to the targeted consumer group.
- Work with the staff support departments as needed to establish standards regarding policy services, data processing requests, pricing and budget analysis, sales support and claims service.
- Analyze the profitability of program based on written premium, loss ratio and controllable expenses. Report monthly budget verses actual profitability. Monitor all aspects of a specific channel sales metrics (i.e. close rate, cost per sale), profile (i.e. full coverage %, distribution report), indemnity (i.e. loss analysis, loss ratio report, prior period analysis) and report on results achieved for changes associated with a state.
Who You Are
You have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Access, Data warehouse and competitor analysis tools. You have the ability to recognize trends, associations and/or cause-effect relationships in data and utilize that information in suggesting a plan to follow. You have a keen ability to research, use and interpret information which requires refining and improving existing methods of analysis and/or developing new ideas. You understand fundamental rate-making concepts/terminology and have received training on company rate-making methodologies. You have the ability to freely and openly discuss and provide simplified examples or rate-making. You have the ability to address internal and external client issues effectively through various medias of communication.
You bring a Bachelor's degree in a business related field. You have 0-2 years of demonstrated proficiency as a product analyst.