Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Histology/Grossing Supervisor- 6469 in Nashville, TN at PathGroup
Monday - Friday: 11:00pm - 7:30am
The person in this position is responsible for overseeing departmental workload; maintaining and evaluating personnel, QA, production and procedures; obtaining and maintaining equipment and supplies; and supervising day to day functions of the Histology Accessioning Department and Grossing Assistants.
- Support PathGroup’s mission, vision, goals and management decisions.
- Provide leadership and supervise/manage assigned department, make decisions, solve problems, develop procedures, and conduct and attend meetings.
- Manage the employee hiring process including developing and updating job descriptions, develop procedures, and conduct and attend meetings.
- Supervise/manage employee and team performance including coordinating activites, scheduling work assignments, setting priorities, and directing the work of subordinate employees.
- Responsible for new employee orientation processes, employee training and continuing education.
- Manage employee performance by coaching, counseling, motivating, and evaluating employees on a continual basis. Implement disciplinary action as needed and in consultation with Human Resources.
- Ensure effective employee relations by sustaining an ethical, non-discriminatory and safe work environment and establishing effective communication lines and methods. Identify and solve employee problems, manage conflict, and respond to grievances as needed.
- Monitor and maintain TAT, QA, and Production.
- Write and edit procedures for Standard Practice, Technical, or Quality Control Manuals.
- Exercise all laboratory safety precautions and adhere to lab procedures as stated in procedure manual.
- Assist Pathologists and Pathologist Assistants in cutting room.
- Gross and submit tissues under the direction of the Pathologists and Pathologists Assistants.
- Properly hang tissue on the processors.
- Determine/select specimens for grossing. Photograph specimens (Polaroid, digital, and 35 mm).
- Record the number of cases daily, maintain the log of decal specimens, and keep quality control chards on equipment in the accession and cutting room.
- Prepare routine solutions, keep a clean work station, maintain an inventory of supplies, and store supplies in proper location.
- Ensure proper disposal and handling of hazardous waste to include xylene recycling (i.e. xylene, reagent alcohol, formaldehyde, B5) and dispose of specimens according to procedures.
- Review procedure manuals and stay current with procedural changes that have occurred.
- Perform all job responsibilities in alignment with the industry’s best security practices and regulatory guidelines to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of protected health information and other sensitive company data.
- Become familiar with and abide by the Corporate Compliance Program and all Corporate policies, including the Privacy and Security policies.