Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Histology Laboratory Assistant - 6932 in Nashville, TN at PathGroup
Monday - Friday: 3:00am - 11:30am
The person in this position is a Lab Assistant I who accurately performs various functions in the histology lab.
- Coordinates surgical case paperwork and slides for delivery to pathologists.
- Manages SSR orders.
- Loads and removes slides from stainers.
- Retrieve needed slides and blocks from files.
- Package slides and blocks for return to outside facilities.
- File blocks and slides.
- Print slide labels.
- Perform lab cleaning and equipment maintenance.
- Exercise all laboratory safety precautions and adhere to lab procedures as stated in procedure manuals.
- Perform all job responsibilities in alignment with the industry’s best security practices and regulatory guidelines to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of protected health information and other sensitive company data.
- Must be familiar with and abide by the Corporate Compliance Program and all Corporate policies, including the Privacy and Security policies.
- Work with other departments within PathGroup and subsidiaries.
- Nothing in the job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Other duties as assigned.