Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cytology Lab Assistant - 5728 in Nashville, TN at PathGroup
Monday - Friday: 6:00am - 10:00am
The Cytology Lab Assistant, who under the direction of the Cytology Supervisor or Manager, is responsible for specimen receiving and accessioning, gyn and non-gyn processing, receiving and making client calls, and other clerical / lab duties.
- Receive and clock-in specimens from couriers timely; verify that specimens recorded on courier logs are received.
- Perform data entry login of patient demographics, clinical information, specimen source, and test(s) orders from specimen requisitions into computer system.
- Document all problem cases appropriately and contact clients/ phlebotomists/ other departments to resolve when appropriate.
- Retrieve and forward specimens to other departments as needed.
- Set up DNA specimens.
- Process NonGyn and Gyn specimens.
- Perform required laboratory maintenance.
- Assign and distribute slides to cytotechnologists and pathologists.
- Answer departmental phone calls and assists clients as needed.
- Contribute to a positive work climate and to the team effort of the department and company.
- Exercise all laboratory safety precautions and adheres to lab procedures as stated in procedure manuals.
- Perform all job responsibilities in alignment with the industry’s best security practices and regulatory guidelines to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of protected health information and other sensitive company data.
- Must be familiar with and abide by the Corporate Compliance Program and all Corporate policies including Privacy and Security policies.
- Work with other departments within PathGroup and subsidiaries.
- Nothing in the job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Other duties as assigned.