Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accessioning Clerk I - 6074 in Nashville, TN at PathGroup
Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am - 7:00pm
Accessioning Clerk under the direction of the Accessioning Supervisor performs daily accessioning activities of receiving specimens, accessioning specimens, and scanning of requisitions into scan system.
- Receives and clocks in specimens from couriers timely; verifies that specimens recorded on courier logs are received.
- Prioritizes and sorts specimens appropriately for accessioning and processing.
- Performs data entry login of patient demographics, clinical information, specimen source, and test(s) orders from specimen requisitions into computer systems and accessions specimen containers as needed or required.
- Checks test(s) ordered for medical necessity requirements and ABN if applicable. Documents any orders, which are lacking appropriate documentation to supervisor.
- Documents all problem cases appropriately.
- Scans requisitions and all related paperwork, into the scan system, and shreds documents as needed.
- Reviews specimen requisitions against data entry of requisition information, for accuracy, documents errors noted and forwards documentation to supervisor, and corrects errors found.
- Answers departmental phone calls and assists clients as needed.
- Contributes to a positive work climate and to the team effort of the department and company.