Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Adjunct Clinical Instructor
at Orbis Education
As an Adjunct Clinical Instructor and faculty member of an Extended Campus, the primary responsibility is the implementation of the academic programs. Nursing Instructors are assigned teaching responsibilities in a clinical area and are expected to contribute to achievement of the missions of teaching, research, and service. Adjunct faculty is accountable to the University Academic Partner but primarily to Director of Nursing Academic Services (DNAS), or designee. The DNAS, in collaboration with the University Academic Partner, recommends faculty appointments for possible candidates. This description is a statement of minimum expectations and describes a level of performance expected of all faculty appointed with renewable contracts to the Extended Campus.
- Adult Health
- Mental Health
What You Will Do:
- Facilitate effective student learning in the appropriate clinical setting and via the online learning environment.
- Provide adequate guidance for students in the clinical setting related to professionalism, practice, and research.
- Ensure effective evaluations of student practice.
- Provide a supportive learning environment.
- Monitor student's progress by comparing scores and time schedules of students.
- Provide feedback on progress to Orbis Education through the DNAS and the Regional Vice President for Nursing Operations.
- Collaborate effectively with the Healthcare Partner and its staff.
What You Will Have:
- Clinical, teaching and technology competence: Able to function with professional accountability in clinical settings.
- Practice: Evidence of a minimum of three years of successful professional nursing practice.
- Teaching Experience: Evidence of a minimum two years of teaching experience (preferred).
- Master's degree in nursing is desired or currently enrolled in a Master’s program, BSN required.
- Additional ongoing certifications and training desired.
- Maintains a current RN license in state of practice.