Omni Nashville Hotel
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cooks - Kitchen Notes
at Omni Nashville Hotel
Classic recipes take on a contemporary flavor in Kitchen Notes, a Southern-inspired restaurant conceptualized by Executive Chef David Harker and the Omni Nashville Culinary Team. Traditional dishes handed down through generations are re-imagined to offer a one-of-kind dining experience in our elegant restaurant.
Our farm-to-fork philosophy is made possible through our local partnerships with regional farms and businesses, such as The Nashville Jam Company, Tennessee Honey and Black Hawk Farms, which provide the highest quality ingredients for our award-winning menu items.
Home to Music City's only biscuit bar, offered daily from breakfast to supper, the Tennessee Patty Melt, named 'Best Burger in Nashville' by Nashville locals and a warm, inviting environment, our Kitchen hits all the right Notes.
We are searching for the latest and greatest cooks to join our culinary team in Kitchen Notes. Kitchen Notes cooks will provide high quality standards and procedures in preparing/serving all Kitchen Notes food. Based on experience, qualified candidates will be placed in Cook 1 (advanced) Cook 2 (skilled), Cook 3 (intermediate) or Prep Cook (entry level) positions.
- Minimum 6 months (for entry level) to 3 years (advanced) relevant culinary experience, preferably in high volume fine dining restaurant operation.
- Knowledge of modern cooking techniques required.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department
- Ability to handle stressful situations, while maintaining a calm and welcoming demeanor.
- Ability to perform culinary duties in open concept kitchen, handling guest requests efficiently and to the guests satisfaction.
- Ability to multi-task and work in fast paced environment
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up
- Ability to produce high volumes of work while maintaining quality per Omni standards
- Culinary degree and/or formal training preferred
- The ability to stand/walk for long periods of time and lift/carry/push/pull up to 50 pounds. Requires repetitive motion with both hands and occasional bending/stooping/kneeling.
- Must be able to utilize culinary tools (knives, commercial equipment, etc) and taste/smell.
- Flexible schedule to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Insurances are all available to associates
- Standard 401k (plus employer match)
- Paid Time Off
- Continued career growth and development throughout the Omni Hotels & Resorts brand
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com.