Nashville And Davidson County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Teacher Assistant - After Care or Before Care
at Nashville And Davidson County
- Position Description
This is a part-time position located with the Metropolitan Action Commission.
19 hours per week (Before Care Shift):Mon.-Thurs. (6:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.) and Fri. (6:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.)
19 hours per week (After Care Shift):
Mon.-Thurs. (1:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.) and Fri. (1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
- Typical Duties
- Assist classroom teacher.
- Assist with integrating the educational aspects of Head Start.
- Member of the classroom staff.
- Provide children with a learning environment.
- Provide children with varied experiences.
- Help children to develop socially, intellectually, physically, and emotionally.
- Minimum Qualifications
High School Diploma or GED. Valid Driver License.
Candidates with accreditations earned in a foreign institute are encouraged to apply.
Note: Per Metro Ordinance No. SO94-1078. All employees of the Metropolitan Government shall be residents of the State of Tennessee or become residents of the state within six (6) months of employment as a prerequisite to employment with the Metropolitan Government.
- Preferred Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Previous work experience with young children
Please be advised that ALL candidates for ANY position with MAC will be subject to a background check.
The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and the Metropolitan Action Commission are equal opportunity employers.In compliance with Tennessee law, all applications are subject to public disclosure.Requests for ADA accommodations should be directed to Rickie McQueen at:
(615) 862-8860, Extension 70103