Murfreesboro City Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Substitute Teacher for 2019-2020
at Murfreesboro City Schools
Murfreesboro City Schools is a Pre-K through 6th Grade school system located within Murfreesboro, TN. We are looking for professional and capable adults to join us as substitute teachers for the 12 schools in our district. If you are personable, organized, and have a heart for the children in our community, this position may be a great fit for you! Job Duties include but are not limited to…
- Maintains a discipline and classroom control that fosters a safe and positive environment for all students and staff in accordance with school policies
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities
- Reports to office upon arrival at school; requests clarification of school rules and procedures, if necessary
- Reports all student injuries, accidents, illnesses, and discipline problems to the appropriate authority immediately or as soon as is reasonably possible
- Implements lesson plans as outline by the absent teacher while ensuring the integrity of academic time and in a manner which motivates students to learn and participate
- Dismisses all students from the classroom before leaving the building
- Complies with and supports school and division regulations and policies
- Maintains as fully as possible the established routines and procedures of the school and classroom to which assigned. ? Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Maintains and respects confidentiality of student and school personnel information
- Maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Must have High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Candidate must attend an orientation/training session
- Candidate must agree to authorize Murfreesboro City Schools to conduct a criminal history search/fingerprinting.
- Must be able to follow oral and written directions and have the ability to establish effective working relationships with staff and students and possess the ability to maintain effective classroom management strategies
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher ; $80.00 per full day
- Associate’s degree: $77.00 per full day
- High School and some college: $73.00 per full day
Employment as a substitute teacher within our system is on a part-time, as needed basis. Part-time employees are not eligible for benefits within our system.
Job Contact Information
Tuesday, June 4, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)