Murfreesboro City Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Academic Coach at Mitchell Neilson School
at Murfreesboro City Schools
Murfreesboro City Schools
CREDENTIALS: Must have current Tennessee teaching license and three years of successful classroom experience. Advanced degree preferred. Specialized training and experiences in Math or English Language Arts preferred. Teacher leadership experience preferred.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS: Must have leadership, organization, and interpersonal skills. Must demonstrate collaboration, data-base management, and instructional technology integration. Must have highly developed presentation skills. Must be able to plan and evaluate strategies for improving instruction. Must demonstrate the ability to maintain a positive professional working relationship with others. Must have a proven record of excellence as a classroom teachers with predictive characteristics of an outstanding administrator. Must have a passion for student learning. Must be knowledgeable about research-based instructional practices and be able to use that knowledge to build the capacity of educators. Must be flexible in adapting to changing situations and circumstances. Must be able to analyze and use multiple forms of data to establish goals targeting student achievement and growth. Must be emotionally mature, confidential and work effectively and efficiently. Must be highly organized, productive, and passionate about the development of others. Must be a continuous learner who is creative, innovative, and able to build highly effective teams focused on student learning. Must relate well to children, teachers, parents, higher education, colleagues, the community and people with diverse backgrounds/knowledge/ skills. Must represent the school and district well within the community and beyond. Must be able to follow and give directions, make decisions, demonstrate skills in group dynamics, analyze issues, problem solve, and create action plans. Must have good verbal and written communication skills. Must be a leader who is dedicated to development of the whole child, open communication, and collaboration.
PRIMARY DUTIES: The role of a coach is separate and apart from the evaluative role of the principal or supervisor of the teacher. The essential function of the academic coach is to improve instruction by assisting with the professional learning, planning, research, and modeling required to plan a wide variety of instruction.
- Provide customized teacher support to meet unique student needs through differentiated instruction.
- Provide ongoing job-embedded professional development.
- Model effective instructional strategies.
- Lead discussions in instructional research with teachers.
- Collaborate with educators to analyze and use multiple forms of data throughout the year to establish specific goals and strategies targeting student achievement, and to monitor and adjust progress toward those goals throughout the year so that continuous academic improvement occurs.
- Work with the principal, mentors, and district team to induct, support, and grow/extend effective educators based on evidence of student and educator outcomes.
- Make regular classroom visits to support instructional improvement.
- Provide feedback to teachers and staff regarding implementation issues.
- Attend and present at local, state, and national conferences.
- Serve as liaison with colleges, universities, and educational partners to build capacity.
- Work with staff to implement a coherent curriculum aligned with state and national standards.
In addition to essential job functions listed above, perform other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must have and maintain physical, sensory, emotional, and mental abilities necessary for effective communication in person, in writing, and by telephone. Must have good memory, be able to organize thoughts and activities, do mathematical computations, and articulate clearly. Must be able to think and act quickly enough to provide for the safety of children and others. Must be able to work occasional nights and weekends, participate in occasional overnight travel, and provide own transportation during performance of duty. Must be able to appropriately handle stress.
STAFF RELATIONSHIP: Reports directly to the Principal
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Ten months. Teacher’s Salary. Exempt
Job Contact Information
Tuesday, October 15, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)