Meharry Medical College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Meharry Medical College
The Research Assistant will organize, execute, and coordinate research assignments as delegated by the supervisor. Assists in formulating and conducting research on problems of considerable scope and complexity in the area of immunobiology. Explores the literature in the subject area and defines scope and selection of problems for investigation through conceptually related studies. He/she will be responsible for developing standard-operating-protocols in the laboratory, writing reports as well as providing support to other laboratory staff. Lab management duties include laboratory organization and maintenance, purchasing, lab safety and regulatory compliance.
- Organizes, executes, and coordinates research assignments as delegated by the supervisor
- Lab management duties include laboratory organization and maintenance, purchasing, lab safety and regulatory compliance.
- Explores the literature in the subject area and defines scope and selection of problems for investigation through conceptually related studies
- Assists in formulating and conducting research on problems of considerable scope and complexity in the area of immunobiology
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Applies diversified knowledge of scientific research principles, practices, and protocols in research projects; makes recommendations and conclusions which serve as the basis for decision making in a specialty area.
- Develops model concepts and approaches as a researcher and acts independently on technical matters.
- Supplies technical consultation to professional co-workers, collaborators, and graduate students.
- Prepares analyses, reports, and other documentation for publication or administration; presents findings at local, national, and/or international meetings.
- Maintains current knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- Knowledge of contracts and grants preparation and management.
- Assists in preparation of grant proposals to obtain funding in support of research activities.
- Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise.
- Comprehensive knowledge of engineering, scientific, and/or mathematical concepts and theories in area of specialty.
- Ability to utilize and maintain advanced scientific equipment and facilities.
- Ability to develop scientific reports and manuscripts based on original research.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Knowledge of research methodology, principles and procedures.
- Skill in developing and educating others in research methods and techniques in area of expertise.
- Ability to utilize advanced analytical techniques and programs to develop scientific models.
- Knowledge of engineering and/or scientific research principles, practices, and protocols.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Ability to utilize advanced computer statistical and technical applications.
- Ability to use judgment to adapt and modify research concepts and approaches to specific projects.
- Ability to provide technical guidance and consultation to professional personnel in area of expertise.
- A Master’s degree in biological or healthcare sciences with theoretical and/or practical experience in immunobiology, biochemistry, biostatistics, pharmacology, anatomy, physiology, and clinical research.
- The ideal candidate should be a dynamic team player with strong writing and oral communication, data computations and organizational skills.
- Experience with mice, cellular imaging, molecular biology and bioinformatics is desirable but not necessary.
- Candidates keen to work at the interface of neuroscience and immunology are encouraged to apply.