Meharry Medical College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Expanded Function Dental Assistant Instructor I
at Meharry Medical College
The Expanded Function Dental Assistant (EFDA) Instructor I will work under general supervision in a clinical teaching setting and have mastery knowledge of instruments and materials utilized in restorative dentistry. The EFDA Instructor I will manage and maintain inventory of clinical supplies.
- Teach/participate in Expanded Function Dental Assistant Course when in session
- Organize supplies for Expanded Function Dental Assistant Course
- Organize, manage and maintain inventory of clinical supply room and dispense supplies to dispensaries
- Performs other dental assistant duties as assigned; may include chairside assisting
The position will assist with instruction for the Fall and Spring programs. Each program is comprised of three 4-day sessions. Each 4-day session occurs once per month.
- Two (2) years minimum experience in dental office as registered dental assistant
- Professional and courteous, ability to multi-task
- Experience with computerized clinical management software programs
- Educated on and compliant with Infection Control, Standard Precautions and OSHA standards for the healthcare professional
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Stamina for lengthy clinical laboratory teaching days
Expanded Function Dental Assistant Certificate of Completion