Meharry Medical College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Meharry Medical College
The Case Manager in College-wide Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) Training Program: Grant number: T0BHP 3 0004 will work with Project Manager to establish the practices and procedures for the interprofessional project. This includes working closely with the Project Director and the Steering Committee for establishment, execution, and evaluation as well as operational planning. She/he will work in tandem with the Program Manager to implement processes and practices in the PCMH that will lead to evident practices and processes that will inform curriculum for building a PCMH module. This position will serve as principal point of patient resources, referrals, consultation on PCMH operational matters, and provides day-to-day technical/professional guidance for case management. This position will work with the steering committee, staff in both schools, and health care providers to build the foundation for integration and tracking patients and their diagnosis. This position is a key component of team-based care.
- Work closely with the Project Manager and other team members
- Work with Project Manager to design and maintain schedules for grand rounds, staff meetings, and training around the PCMH curriculum
- Attend monthly PCMH steering committee meetings and other meetings as indicated by the work.
- Coordinate the interprofessional activities in Practice Management for residents and students in both schools
- Work with the curriculum committee to transform and incorporate evidence- based guidelines into the Health Maintenance section of the electronic health records (HER).
- Educate staff and other on the PCMH model, NCQA PCMH recognition standards, and the project implementation plan.
- Develop processes and written documentation on referral mechanisms from a team-based model for integrating PCMH in all aspects of the clinical operations.
- Excellent computer skills especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong presentation, verbal and written skills.
- Ability to assess program objectives and needs and make recommendations regarding policies and operational methods
- Master’s degree preferred in healthcare, social work, counseling or its equivalent
- Experience with case management, social work, and/or counseling in a healthcare delivery environment.
- Experience working directly with primary care practices preferably on practice transformation