Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director IT Support Services
The Director IT Support Services reports to the SVP Chief Information Officer and directs IT support system strategies, processes and procedures while leveraging tools and technology to deliver solutions to meet business needs.
The successful candidate will embody and work to reinforce MAA’s Core Values. Those values include:
- Appreciating the uniqueness of each individual
- Communicating openly and with integrity
- Embracing opportunities
- Doing the right thing at the right time for the right reasons
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads team of information technology (IT) Support Specialists and management by setting goals, assigning projects, performing evaluations, and aiding professional growth to staff.
- Sets strategy and direction for IT supports services to include best practices for service teams and to improve processes for automation and efficiency.
- Creates automated issue identification processes and procedures through the ServiceNow platform.
- Generates and analyzes statistical reports for improvement recommendations.
- Standardizes reporting processes for better visibility and transparency to end users; ensures triage processes are followed consistently from intake, documentation, to resolution.
- Ensures issues are escalated in a timely fashion and creates automated escalations and notifications where applicable.
- Monitors and reports on incident trends and anticipates potential issues for proactive resolution.
- Establishes and implements Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and executes plans on improvements in all related key performance indicators (KPIs); evaluates SLAs to ensure they are agreed to by end users and understood by those resolving issues.
- Periodically evaluates, innovates, and recommends new enhancements for platforms and solutions in collaboration with internal and external resources and enhances staff or member experiences.
- Acts as subject matter expert for developing service processes and strategies, and for expansion to other IT business functions; builds and supports business cases for expansion of ServiceNow use or new functionality
- Ensures change management and project management are enabled within ServiceNow making changes to configuration and functionality as necessary.
- Ensures requested and actual changes to ServiceNow configuration and functionality supports and does not conflict with the broader ServiceNow strategy.
- Ensures departmental metrics are aligned and achieved with company business objectives by setting individual and team goals for departmental performance.
- Provides technical guidance to staff with issues regarding troubleshooting and resolution and acts as a technical liaison as needed through the ServiceNow platform.
- Keeps abreast of all industry standards and trends as it relates to the management of IT services & support functions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and by participating in professional societies or associations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned to meet the needs of the business.
Required & Preferred Qualifications
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related area preferred
- Ten (10) years of experience in a corporate IT environment working with services and support; or an equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Previous experience in directly leading cross-functional teams and managing multiple vendor relationships preferred
- Previous experience with ServiceNow or Information Technology in a service desk environment preferred
- Previous experience in the Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) industry preferred
- Microsoft Certified Profession (MCP), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), and/or ITIL certifications preferred
- Preferred experience in the following applications or platform types include:
- VMware / CISCO CCX / MS Exchange / Manage Engine
- IT Vendor Management
- IT Project Management
- On-premise and cloud based architectures
- Network Security, Data Storage, Disaster Recovery
- Software Development Lifecycle
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of IT service and support Management concepts and practices, including incident management, problem management and service level management processes
- Knowledge of IT systems, held desk operations, customer support operations management and IT regulatory controls
- Knowledge of business operations and the impact of service levels and associated failures
- Skill in verbal, written and interpersonal communication, including communications to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Skill in working with all levels in the organization to discover needs, communicate services, resolve support issues, coordinate resources, and build and foster strong working relationships
- Skill in project management, analyzing problems, determining solutions and produce desired outcomes
- Skill in team-orientation and working within a collaborative environment to achieve results
- Skill in team leadership and mentoring technically-oriented direct reports
- Ability to travel to MAA properties as needed
- Accessible after business hours to support on-call staff in escalation situations
MAA is a real estate investment trust (REIT) that focuses on the acquisition, selective development, redevelopment and management of multifamily homes throughout the Southeastern and Southwestern regions of the United States.
Our mission at MAA is to deliver superior service and value for our residents, employees and shareholders. We refer to this as creating "A Brighter View" and we are doing it every day.
In fact, we proudly display "Our Brighter View" plaques at every MAA office just to serve as a daily reminder of our focused mission. MAA is committed to remaining true to our rich tradition of service to each other, to our residents, and to our shareholders. We respect the privilege to providing value to those whose lives we touch.
Please click on the links below to learn more about MAA’s culture and corporate charity as well as view MAA’s Corporate Profile: