Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Bank Reconciliation Accountant (810111)
The Bank Reconciliation Accountant reports to the Director of Property Accounting and ensures the accuracy of all records of receipts and disbursements of MAA. This includes preparing various reconciliation reports, assisting others with inquiries and solving problems, monitoring cash activity from the revenue system to the banking system, and related duties. The successful candidate will embody and work to reinforce MAA’s Core Values. Those values include:
- Appreciating the uniqueness of each individual
- Communicating openly and with integrity
- Embracing opportunities
- Doing the right thing at the right time for the right reasons
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliation reports for 300+ apartment properties and other entities with activity in 130 bank accounts for cash receipts, disbursements, and security deposits.
- Assists property personnel and general ledger accountants with inquiries regarding deposit corrections and bank adjustments to determine the corrective action.
- Maintains property and general ledger contact information in the banking system.
- Processes and distributes bank recons and cash activity reports to the General Ledger, Accounts Payable and Corporate Accounting Departments.
- Completes daily processes to record the returned checks into the revenue system.
- Assists internal and external auditors with documentation requests.
- Identifies, evaluates, and develops resolutions for reconciling items within the banking system (may include journal entry compilation as well as consultation with other departments).
- Performs other related duties as assigned to meet the needs of the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with at least two years of professional level accounting required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office application software, particularly Excel and a basic knowledge of Access required.
- Previous experience with high volume bank reconciliation
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of Yardi Systems
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of general accounting principles and banking systems
- Skill in performing detailed work accurately and promptly in an organized manner
- Skill in communicating professionally to others, both verbally and in writing
- Skill in problem solving under stressful conditions and deadlines
- Skill in understanding cash transactions pertaining to revenue, accounts payable, and payroll
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and Power
MAA is a real estate investment trust (REIT) that focuses on the acquisition, selective development, redevelopment and management of multifamily homes throughout the Southeastern and Southwestern regions of the United States.
Our mission at MAA is to deliver superior service and value for our residents, employees and shareholders. We refer to this as creating "A Brighter View" and we are doing it every day.
In fact, we proudly display "Our Brighter View" plaques at every MAA office just to serve as a daily reminder of our focused mission. MAA is committed to remaining true to our rich tradition of service to each other, to our residents, and to our shareholders. We respect the privilege to providing value to those whose lives we touch.
Please click on the links below to learn more about MAA’s culture and corporate charity as well as view MAA’s Corporate Profile: