LifeWay Christian Resources of the Southern Baptist Convention
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at LifeWay Christian Resources of the Southern Baptist Convention
- Job ID
- Job Family
LifeWay is one of the world’s largest providers of Christian resources. Voted one of 2018 Forbes' Best Midsize Employers and Best Midsize Employers for Women, the campus is located in the heart of Nashville, Tennessee. Our headquarters team leads, produces, and delivers biblical solutions to fulfill the mission and vision of LifeWay's ministry.
LifeWay's Procurement Department is seeking a Purchasing Specialist. In this role, you'll be responsible for the negotiation and procurement of goods and services. The individual in this position will draft, articulate and execute RFIs/RFPs/RFQs, select suppliers and evaluate bids. By monitoring and expediting on-time delivery and resolving production problems, you'll serve internal LifeWay customers, ensuring excellent procurement processes.
- Purchase assigned resources, including printed media, specialty items and supplies according to specifications and furnished through competitive supplier bids, price agreements or current contracts. Prepare routings, bills-of-material, work orders and purchase orders as necessary to ensure timely delivery of product. Monitor and expedite for on-time delivery and resolve any production problems before or after final delivery of product
- Perform specification refinement, RFI/RFP/RFQ development, external and internal negotiation, and bid analysis to determine supplier and product cost estimate for items purchased
- Develop, maintain and strengthen existing and new supplier partnerships. Foster a working knowledge of LifeWay's vendor partners capabilities to enhance the quality and function of purchased items. Perform domestic and/or international manufacturer onsite visits to assess capabilities, equipment, live press checks and to inspect work standards. During visits to international vendors, complete Customs Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (CTPAT) audits in compliance with US Customs and Border Patrols protection re-certification requirements
- Collaborate in developing new product specifications that meet the customer needs and cost expectations
- Collaborate with Analysts to establish and maintain appropriate reporting and inventory levels
- 3 years or more of related experience, including global and domestic purchasing, supply chain management, project management, print production, procurement, and/or specialialty imprints and apparel purchasing
- Excellent purchasing, negotiation, communication and time management skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
- Knowledge of publishing and print processes
- Strong standard of ethics
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Minimum Education Required
Bachelor Degree (emphasis in business, purchasing, negotiation or supply chain)
CPSM, C.P.M., CPIM or other APICS certifications preferred
Travel up to 20% may be required