LEGACY Supply Chain Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
OEM Warehouse Associate
at LEGACY Supply Chain Services
This position will report to the Value Add Supervisor/Manager and will perform duties which will include receiving, picking, storing, stock, assemble, inspect, and distribute material (per customer order) and products within the warehouse for all Value Add /ACC, and OEM product by carrying out the essential duties and responsibilities listed below. Candidates must meet all standards for quality, productivity and safety.
All Warehouse Associates will demonstrate behaviors consistent with Legacy Supply Chain Services values-based culture.
Placement in a job is the initial assignment subject to change based on operating needs and conditions.
In order to ensure customer expectations are met regarding quality and on time delivery, Legacy management:
- Reserves the right to re-assign or transfer team members
- Restrict or alter movement in order to maintain necessary skill and employment levels within department(s) or shift(s).
This provision supports the concept that all our team members are “material handlers” who have the versatility and flexibility move with the work flow.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Arrange stock parts in specified sequence for packing by other workers where appropriate.
- Assemble and/or engrave material according to the requirements of the order.
- Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cartons or other containers.
- Change product labels per specifications.
- Check incoming material for quality and correctness.
- Closes and seals containers. Labels containers, container tags, or products.
- Compile worksheets or tickets from customer specifications.
- Consolidate orders to ship on minimum of pallets.
- Convey materials and items from stock or storage areas or to other designated areas.
- Fastens parts together with bolts, screws, speed clips, rivets, or other fasteners.
- Fill requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials or other stock items and distributes items according to instructions.
- Inspects materials, products, and containers at each step of packaging process.
- Load and unload materials, products and supplies onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand.
- Count and record number of units of material processed, and/or material or items picked or distributed on a daily basis.
- Disassembles power brake boosters, air-brake compressors, and valves for salvage or parts.
- Document all nonconforming products.
- Locate and count return to stock from over-picks.
- Mark materials with identifying information.
- Open cartons, crates, and other containers.
- Operate all material handling equipment to include blister pack and other packaging equipment.
- Operate drill presses, punch presses, or riveting machines to assist in assembly operation.
- Order labeling supplies from vendors and maintain an adequate supply as to not run out.
- Perform partial test of product.
- Perform functions necessary to assemble value packs and/or kits.
- Perform location checks and correct product in wrong location by moving to proper location.
- Performs testing of components related to assembled products as determined by the customer.
- Pick merchandise for customer orders, pack properly, and move to shipping area.
- Position parts according to knowledge of unit being assembled or following blueprints.
- Prepare and process all necessary documents.
- Prepare nonconforming product to return to appropriate plants
- Read production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Reads work order or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials to be processed.
- Record and document all personnel and product failures
- Record and file documents as specified in PCP.
- Record data by use of RDT or manual record.
- Records information such as weight, time, and date packaged.
- Relocate product in warehouse and/or re-label locations.
- Remove product from locations to be returned to plants, etc.
- Remove small quantities of metal with hand files and scrapers to produce close fit between parts.
- Select the proper container size for each order. Inserts product into containers.
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Use one or more labeling methods such as computer and printer to produce labels as required.
- Verify accuracy of work by performing departmental audits as required assuring quality and verify functionality of products to quality standards.
- Ensure accuracy of paperwork through verification to include verification of completion and accuracy of customer orders.
- Wraps protective material around product or insert protective material to assure that product is not damaged during shipping.
- Ensure area Housekeeping requirements are met
- Meet established procedures and productivity, safety and quality standards
- Performs other related duties as assigned by supervision to include but not limited to special inventory projects.
- Operate forklifts, pallet jacks, cherry pickers and reach trucks as required in a manner supporting all safety rules and procedures.
- Properly wear and use all prescribed PPE; and report when in need of replacement. (Such as approved safety glasses, steel toe shoes, gloves, aprons, etc.)
- High School diploma/GED required.
- General math skills required.
- Satisfactory understanding of all applicable Standard Operating Procedures.
- Must be able to work safely and within company safety guidelines.
- Entry level understanding of basic computer keyboarding required in order to operate in our paperless Legacy Connect environment.
- Ability to properly use material handling equipment including Powered Industrial Trucks as required in a manner supporting all safety rules and procedures to include forklifts, pallet jacks and reach trucks.
- Must be able to operate an electronic scanner.
- Satisfactory understanding of all safety requirements, standard operating procedures, and quality guidelines.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language (English) used in the workplace.
- Job/Business Unit knowledge
- Knowledge of all general office equipment to include phone, computer, copiers, fax, etc.
- Work History
- Efficiency with WMS and related software including Outlook, Excel and Microsoft Word. Knowledge of SAP desired.
- Attendance History
- Team members with active corrective action are ineligible for open positions.
- Team members that applied for/and were placed into a posted position within the
last 6 months are ineligible for this open position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand sometimes in excess of 7 hours. The employee is regularly required to use hands, to finger, handle, and feel. The employee frequently is required to hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stand, walk, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
A percentage of work time is spent in a warehouse where temperatures are hot or cold (seasonally) and noise level can be moderate to high.
Disclaimer: This job description is intended to identify the general nature and level of work performed by team members within this classification, as well as certain essential job functions. It is not intended, and should not be interpreted, as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of team members assigned to this job. To qualify for this job, however, a team member must be able to perform its essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Under no circumstances may this job description be construed as altering the at-will nature of the employment relationship between Legacy and any team member.