Kasai North America Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Quality Engineer
at Kasai North America Inc.
- 14-Oct-2019 (CST)
- Corp QA 8230
- Murfreesboro, TN, USA
- Full Time
- Salary 1st Shift
Reports To: GM of Quality Assurance
RE: 999-05474 Color Requirements
Description: The Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for the coordination of quality related issues with the entire supplier base. He/she is also the primary contact person for corrective action required by suppliers, including short term fixes. Typical interaction is with the Suppliers, Engineering Personnel, Procurement Personnel, Production Control Personnel, and Production Personnel.
- Issue corrective action "8D" requests as needed
- Evaluate the results of "8D" responses as to acceptability of corrective action
- Interact with external customers, internal customers, and suppliers
- Meets quality and quantity levels of assigned work, housekeeping, and safe work practices
- Coordinates supplier rejected material movement with Production Departments, Production Control, Receiving Inspection, and Suppliers
- Generate reports, graphs, and charts as needed
- Oversees data collection and interpretation to coordinate improvement efforts with suppliers
- Assists receiving inspection personnel with inspection of materials/products for aesthetic and dimensional accuracy
- Provides KNA, Inc quality expectations for purchased materials/products to suppliers
- Monitor and enforce ISO/TS 16949 & ISO 14001 policies and procedures
- Verify the accuracy of all documentation
- Perform supplier audits
- Authorities for an employee are granted by means of work instructions, policies and procedures and/or direction provided by management to meet the requirements of the customer
- Bachelor's Degree or commensurate experience
- 2 or more years in the QA field
- Strong mathematical skills, written skills, and verbal skills
- Ability to interpret blueprints, drawings, schematics, etc
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office Suite, CAD, and mini tab
Training specific to placement in position:
- Ability to use various measurement devices including a coordinate measuring machine
- Ability to travel for extended periods of time with limited prior notice
- Must be able to work any assigned shift
- Capable of overall professionalism in a business environment
- Must be able to judge color visually and must pass the Farnsworth Munsell 100 Hue test ever 2 years & pass test with a minimum score of 50
This job operates in an office and manufacturing environment, and routinely uses standard office equipment. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee may also be required to work in hot temperatures.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are exclusive standards of the position Incumbents will follow any other instruction, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor