Kasai North America Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Kasai North America Inc.
- 14-Oct-2019 to 26-Nov-2019 (CST)
- Corporate HR 8120
- Murfreesboro, TN, USA
- Full Time
Reports to: General Counsel/Compliance Officer
- Works with internal clients to determine need for and scope of potential contracts and drafts appropriate contracts and amendments. Recognizes unique requirements, characteristics, and issues that arise in different contract settings.
- Assists in interpreting contract provisions and assists in advising internal clients of the company's contractual rights and obligations.
- Researches and analyzes federal and state statutes, regulations, administrative codes, judicial decisions, and legal articles.
- Coordinates responses to subpoenas and discovery requests, including interviewing witnesses and managing collection of documents.
- Assists in the preparation of responses to EEOC Charges.
- Assists with oversight and implementation of corporate policies.
- Prepares and disseminates committee related materials.
- Prepares and organizes data, reports, documents, facts and files for easy access and use by Compliance Office.
- Assists in the management of corporate education and training programs.
- Coordinates and assists with compliance investigations, reports on results of investigations, and tracks compliance issues and trends.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Domestic U.S. travel may be required.
- Four-year college or university degree, an associate's degree in Paralegal or Legal Assistant Studies, or a Paralegal Certificate from an ABA approved program.
- 3+ years' experience as a paralegal is required.
- 3+ years' experience as a paralegal in a corporate environment is a plus.
- 1+ years' experience in a corporate compliance setting is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to think creatively to achieve the desired result.
- Adaptability to working in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- High degree of productivity, responsiveness, initiative and flexibility, and a commitment to producing excellent work in a timely manner.
- Supreme level of professionalism, ethical conduct, and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with team members on a small team, as well as colleagues on all employee levels, including senior and mid-level management, business partners, and vendors.
- Understanding of legal language and principles, research methods, and other related matters.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to exercise discretion and good judgment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instruction, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor.
- This job operates in an office and, at times, manufacturing environment, and routinely uses standard office equipment. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.