Kasai North America Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Corporate Quality Manager
at Kasai North America Inc.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1164578
- 13-Sep-2019 to 12-Oct-2019 (CST)
- Corporate QA 8231
- Murfreesboro, TN, USA
- Full Time
- Reports To:
- GM of Quality (SQD-QMS-NMQR)
- General Description:
- The MANAGER of QMS-NMQR ensures that throughout the corporation each plant has established implemented and maintained the appropriate Quality Systems in accordance with any applicable technical standards such as IATF 16949, ISO 9001, VDA, CCC and any Customer Specific Requirements. Defines requirements for Mass Production Readiness (NMQR) Audit for New Model launch activity.
- Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the QMS and NMQR processes for Corporate and Plant side KNA.
- Direct reporting official for QMS Lead Auditors assigned to Corporate and plant side QMS Lead Auditors. Direct reporting official for Document Control Coordinator(s).
- Liaison with outside certification parties.
- Evaluates the application of all Standards within company procedures, work instructions and policies by continually monitoring the documents from the Quality management system of each plant with the goal of keeping the systems as common as possible.
- Ensures that written audit reports are published for internal audits. Reviews internal audit program progress at HQ and Plants.
- Monitors the implementation of any new standard/system to promote continuity with other plants using the same standard/system.
- Facilitates the implementation of corrective action systems and follow up as needed.
- Assists QMS Lead Auditors and technical offices during 3rd party audits and audit nonconformance are issued or other issues relating to certification and/or implementation of a Quality System.
- Advise and assist the upper management and KNA plants with any concerns about Quality management system and its implementation.
- Assumes Lead Auditor role in the absence of any Lead Auditor within KNA.
- Creates QMS training and assign training responsibilities to KNA management on relevant topics.
- Management review liaison for Corporate QMS and NMQR processes
- Defines requirements for Mass Production (NMQR) Readiness Audit with KNA QA and reviews audit results conducted on corporate groups and KNA plants.
- Ensures that NMQR audits (major and minor model changes) are scheduled with required Corp groups and plants.
- Review KASAI North American facilities' Program Launch readiness per NMQR requirements.
- Provide audit results, reports and deficiencies during the development phase to KASAI or KNA management.
- Support project launch activities, as necessary.
- Authorities for an employee are granted by means of work instructions, policies and procedures and/or direction provided by management to meet the requirements of the customer
- Minimum Bachelor of Science/Engineering in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or related discipline and a minimum of 4 years of Automotive or related Experience. Masters' degree a plus;
- Minimum of five (4) years' experience in Manufacturing Quality, management and administration of Quality systems.
- Hands on experience with all International Standards presently used (ISO/ IATF) required.
- New product planning and launch experience preferred.
- Able to use Microsoft Office, Microsoft Office Power Point, Microsoft Project, Project Libre, SAP.
- APQP skills, knowledge and application of Quality Assurance and Problem solving methodologies.
- Training requirements specific to placement in position
- IATF 16949 Internal or Lead Auditor Course (passing exam or working toward completion of training or test) certification required.
- VDA experience and certification, a plus.
- ASQ Certified Quality Auditor CQA or Certified Quality Engineer CQE (passing exam or working toward completion of training or test), a plus.
- Good organizational skills
- Good written communication and people skills
- Capable of working any assigned shift
- Must be able to travel with limited notice for extended periods
- This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are exclusive standards of the position. Employee will follow any other instruction, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor/manager.