HCA Physician Services Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Pharmacy Technician II
at HCA Physician Services Group
TriStar StoneCrest Medical Center – Smyrna, TN
TriStar StoneCrest is a 109-bed, full-service, acute care medical center with nearly 500 employees and more than 300 physicians on staff. StoneCrest offers a full array of services including emergency care, general surgery, cardiology, women's services, neurosciences, sleep services, orthopedics and oncology. The hospital most recently added robotic surgery, a Level IIB NICU and interventional cardiology services. Patient care and satisfaction is a primary focus, which is demonstrated by an accredited chest pain center, award winning cancer program, certificate of distinction for primary stroke centers and recognition by The Joint Commission as one of the nation's top performers on key quality measures.
Every TriStar StoneCrest employee is committed to the care and improvement of human life. We achieve this by upholding our medical center's values of teamwork, accountability, caring/compassion, integrity, customer service and attitude in the daily performance of our duties. These expectations guide our patient care and are a reflection of us as individuals and as a whole.
At TriStar StoneCrest, we depend on the collaborative efforts of our entire team, from physicians to support staff. If you are ready to join a nationally recognized team that makes a difference in providing healthcare to our community, TriStar StoneCrest offers excellent opportunities to advance your career and achieve your goals.
- Identifies critical issues, prioritize workload and communicate to appropriate personnel any issues in a timely manner
- Completes all education requirements and/or other activities needed to maintain competency
- Interacts in person and by phone with hospital personnel politely and appropriately.
- Accurately maintains required documentation logs
- Complies with facility policy and procedures and regulatory requirements
- Responsible for maintaining medication storage and security as per regulatory requirements throughout the organization
- Performs quality control and performance improvement functions as assigned
- Accurately performs and documents monthly medication storage area inspections as assigned
- Performs billing functions
- Completes basic OR charges in a timely manner as assigned
- Accurately performs required calculations
- Accurately and safely compounds and labels medications and parenteral admixtures
- Always utilizes aseptic techniques in the preparation of parenteral compounding
- Compliant with all USP 797 shift/daily/monthly requirements (i.e. cleaning laminar airflow cabinets and biological safety cabinets, wearing personal protective equipment, etc.)
- Always obtains a final check from the pharmacist before releasing any prepared parenteral compounds, before packaging any medication, or dispensing any medication.
- Prepares all work records needed for day at their designated times including the Discontinued, Transfers, and Discharges Lists of parenteral preparations and efficiently processes these reports before they are dispensed to the patient care areas
- Accurately transports medications and other pharmacy supplies in a timely manner to appropriate areas.
- Accurately fills orders in the pharmacy
- Processes medication returns and restocking to the pharmacy
- Provide basic technical support for automated dispensing machines and other pharmacy computer systems
- Performs daily ADC routines as assigned (i.e. restocks, outdates, discrepancy resolution, loading and unloading, etc.)
- Replenishes ADCs, emergency cart trays and floor stock accurately and as needed
- Accurately packages and prepares medications for dispensing as assigned
- Appropriately and timely notifies the pharmacy inventory manager of products that need to be reordered.
- Complies with ongoing processes to monitor outdates as per policy and procedures
- Performs receiving and check in of medication/supply orders as defined in policy and notifies the pharmacy inventory manager of any shortages, overages or damages of product
- Manages drug supplies in a cost effective manner and identifies opportunities to minimize waste
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Competitive salary
- Night and weekend shift differentials
- Generous PTO Plan
- Great medical plans, vision & dental benefits, life & disability benefits, etc.
- 401(k) Plan with 100% match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Consumer discounts
- And many, many more!
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Hospital Pharmacy experience preferred
- National Certification (CPhT) required
- Active Registered pharmacy technician, as per State requirements, in good standing with the appropriate State Board of Pharmacy
- BLS Certification