Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Forklift Operator - 2nd Shift
- Job ID
Hayward Industries is the world’s leading manufacturer and marketer of residential and commercial swimming pool equipment, with strong markets in the U.S., Canada, France, Spain, Italy, Australia and over 60 other countries. Our success with innovative new products and new markets is creating opportunities for dynamic and challenging careers in a number of areas.
For over 80-years, Hayward has been enhancing pool ownership by manufacturing cutting edge, advanced pool and spa equipment. Hayward listens to customers’ needs and builds in innovation during the design and manufacturing process. The corporate goal is to become the around the world brand of choice for residential and commercial swimming pool and spa. The company, which has built its brand on innovation, energy-efficiency, safety and reliability, includes such brands asOmniLogic®,EcoStar®,TriStar®,Super Pump®,ColorLogic®,CAT Controllers®,AquaRite®andNavigator® Pro.
We invite motivated professionals to share our vision of new growth and product innovation. For consideration please apply on-line at http://careers-haywardnet.icims.com/
The Material Handler will support the shipment of goods produced and the received material and supplies to be used in or to aid in the production/storage of finished goods. Organizes production material to ensure production/assembly effectiveness. Must be competent in the safe operation of a fork-lift, tugger and reach truck. 2nd shift is 1:30pm - 10:00pm Monday-Friday.
Essential Duties and Functions:
- Kit and deliver production parts to assigned production locations with correct quantity and remove any excess or unused parts back to home location.
- Unload and receive all inbound truck shipments.
- Check material received by part number, quantity, packing slip, damage or the condition received.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Must report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor immediately.
- Perform all duties per company safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Deliver material to the production lines as required by Team Leader or Warehouses Supervisor.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Warehouse Supervisor or Materials Manager.
- Operate fork-lift, tugger, stand-up safely and complete daily inspection sheet.
- 2 - 4 years Material Handler/Fork-Lift experience in a manufacturing warehouse. Lean manufacturing preferred.
- AS400 and MRP
- Valid TN drivers license REQUIRED.
- Current forklift certification or ability to be certified within 15 days.
- A strong attention to detail is required.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word by using radio.
- Organized - The trait of being organized or follow a systematic method of performing a task.
- Ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Electrostatic Discharge Awareness or ability to be certified within 60 days.
- Working knowledge of ALL warehouse vehicle safety regulations and procedures.
- Ability to work and handle multiple tasks in a fast paced work environment in a pleasant manner.
- The physical demands require standing, walking and sitting frequently, lifting up to 15 lb. frequently, lifting up to 50 lb. occasionally.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required at all times while production is running. PPE includes earplugs or ear muffs, safety glasses, gloves as needed and steel-toe safety shoes.
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED).