Hard Rock International
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Hard Rock International
- Location : Location
- Job ID
- Food & Beverage - Salaried
With venues in 74 countries, including 183 cafes, 27 hotels and 12 casinos, Hard Rock International (HRI) is one of the most globally recognized companies. Beginning with an Eric Clapton guitar, Hard Rock owns the world's most valuable collection of music memorabilia, which is displayed at its locations around the globe. Hard Rock is also known for its collectible fashion and music-related merchandise and Hard Rock Live performance venues. HRI owns the global trademark for all Hard Rock brands. The company owns, operates and franchises Cafes across Europe, Asia, and the Americas, as well as owns, licenses and/or manages hotel/casino properties worldwide. Destinations include the company’s two most successful Hotel and Casino properties in Florida, both owned and operated by HRI parent entity The Seminole Tribe of Florida. In 2018, Hard Rock International was recognized as a Forbes Magazine Top Employer for Women and Land Operator of the Year at the Global Gaming Awards. For more information on Hard Rock International visit www.hardrock.com.
Sous Chef will be the second in command in our cafe, following the Kitchen Manager and/or Executive Chef. In addition, the Sous Chef ensures that Hard Rock culinary standards are upheld: the food looks good and is cooked properly, the proportions are correct, and it is cooked and served quickly. Also, the Sous Chef supports the cafe’s senior leadership in upholding all brand standards and core values while meeting or exceeding Hard Rocks business objectives.
- Support and assist in the preparation and design of all food orders.
- Maintain the highest standards of brand, local health, safety, and food preparation hygiene
- Support the team in consistent execution of all systems and processes to consistently deliver all products and services to brand
- Support senior management in building a highly functional hourly team who share a common vision and values surrounding the overall success of the
- Foster an environment of customer service in which all team members put the guest first in every
- Execute established food standards for overall guest satisfaction that meet or exceed brand
- Ensure the highest levels of hygiene and food handling practices to deliver optimal quality of product to
- Support staff development and advancement along well-defined career
- Serve as a Culinary Learning Coach developing, implementing, and executing learning & development programs for all Heart of House employees in order to drive continuous improvement and employee
- Fill in for the Executive Chef or Kitchen Manager in planning and directing food preparation when necessary
- Possess a self-motivated approach to his/her own personal and professional growth.
This job description reflects the position’s essential functions; it does not encompass all of the tasks that may be assigned.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in the hospitality industry inclusive of restaurant culinary
- Possess all local food management and safety
- Ability to learn and bring "out of the box" ideas to their team.
- Genuine enthusiasm and aptitude for food.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of business acumen and common sense.
- Demonstrates strong problem solving skills through ability to diagnose and implement solutions.
- Must possess strong communication and listening skills, excellent speaking, reading and writing.
- Comprehend and use technical or professional language, either written or spoken, to communicate complex ideas.
- Ability to effectively pitch and present information in one-on-one and group situations to media, customers, clients, partners and other employees of the organization.
- Multiple language abilities a plus, fluency in English required.
- Ability to move throughout the corporate office and cafes during visits (standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended periods of time.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to make repeating movements of the arms, hands, and wrists.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally and perceive sound by ear.
- Manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and ability to work with hand above shoulders.
- Ability to occasionally, regularly, frequently move objects (lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to turn or twist body parts in a circular motion.
- Ability to tolerate exposure to heat, cold, chemicals, and loud/noisy environment.
- Ability to travel via auto or airplane for long periods of time.
Hard Rock International is an equal opportunity employer. We live our motto LOVE ALL – SERVE ALL, and strive to foster an inclusive workplace culture for every team member. Hard Rock welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA),it is the policy of Hard Rock to provide reasonable accommodation when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with a disability, unless such accommodation would cause an undue hardship. The policy regarding requests for reasonable accommodation applies to all aspects of employment, including the application process. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact a member of our Human Resources team.
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).