Gresham Smith and Partners
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Electrical Engineer - Industrial Market
at Gresham Smith and Partners
# of Openings:
Electrical Engineer - Industrial Market | Nashville, TN
As a multimarket firm, we touch many areas of life: from designing highways and bridges that connect people, to clean water systems, to hospitals and corporate campuses of the future. That’s why we’re able to offer endless opportunities for people to hone their skills and strengthen their understanding of different disciplines and perspectives. Behind all the hard work is a team of really sharp, down-to-earth people who love a good challenge – and a good time.
A few tidbits about what it’s like to work here:
We intentionally designed our spaces to inspire creativity and encourage collaboration, we empower our people, and we take the time to cheers each other and our wins at the end of the day.
Interested in learning more? We’d love to meet you.
- Plan, schedule, conduct or coordinate electrical engineering work. Prepare engineering reports, plans and specifications for a variety of projects. Design and produce engineering drawings using REVIT, PowerTools and VISUAL lighting software. Check and revise engineering drawings.
- Prepare and review plans and technical specifications, contract documents, and estimates. Participate in contract bidding and administration.
- Support and observe the design and ongoing progress of a project. Communicate and interact with project team members, client representatives, review agencies and others as appropriate to project.
- Collaborate in solving a variety of complex engineering problems (e.g., conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, difficult coordination requirements).
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years of electrical design experience serving manufacturing, commercial and industrial clients.
- Prefer P.E. license but require the successful candidate to at least be pursuing licensure within a reasonable period.
- Working knowledge of REVIT, PowerTools, and VISUAL lighting software is required.
- Knowledge of large power transformers, power generation, transmission, operation and maintenance of power system distribution systems (110vac to 138kvac), harmonic analysis, cable and buss capacity analysis, and load flow analysis is required.
- Strong working knowledge of national safety electrical codes and standards.
- Strong client skills is a must; position will have direct client contact.
- LEED accreditation is preferred.
Gresham Smith is a team of diligent designers, creative problem-solvers, insightful planners and seasoned collaborators who work closely with clients to improve the cities and town we call home. Our employees are diverse in experience, yet we all have one thing in common: genuine care for each other, our partners and the outcome of our work. With each new project we take on, we have the pleasure of designing communities’ most vital institutions and infrastructure.
Gresham Smith is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
Gresham Smith will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. An executed GRESHAM PLACEMENT SERVICES AGREEMENT (PSA) is required prior to any payment obligation for either a referral or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously executed PSA, GRESHAM SMITH explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to GRESHAM SMITH’S hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of GRESHAM SMITH upon receipt.