Gresham Smith and Partners
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Project Manager - Industrial Market
at Gresham Smith and Partners
Our agile industrial team specializes in designing efficient facilities that optimize our clients bottom line.
The Assistant Project Manager position works with project managers in managing the project from the fee proposal stage through close-out. This position will work with project managers in creating, maintaining and communicating all aspects of the Project Plan, monitoring and analyzing the overall financial health of the project and facilitate the monthly billing process. The APM is expected to work on multiple projects simultaneously under strict deadlines and work with multiple project managers.
- Compile and calculate data for fee proposal development
- Contract administration
- Project system set‐up, maintenance, and close‐out
- Project planning assistance
- Provide project reporting to the PM and the project team
- Analyze and communicate project performance
- Ensure project insurance is current and within guidelines of the project contract
- Consultant Invoicing Coordination and Expense Tracking
- Facilitate the monthly billing process and serve as liaison between Accounting and PM
- Other duties as needed
The successful candidate must be organized with excellent analytical skills, be detail and deadline oriented, and be able to multi‐task and prioritize. Ideal candidates are self-motivated, problem solvers, able to work individually and as part of a team under strict deadlines and have excellent people skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must. Candidate must be experienced with basic business accounting and project management functions. Must be proficient in Excel and experience using Deltek Vision and Microsoft Project is a plus.
- Minimum of Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Business Management or similar. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience or 10 years in lieu of education requirements
Gresham Smith is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
Gresham Smith will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. An executed GRESHAM SMITH PLACEMENT SERVICES AGREEMENT (PSA) is required prior to any payment obligation for either a referral or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously executed PSA, Gresham Smith explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Gresham Smith’s hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Gresham Smith upon receipt.