Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center
1.0 (80 hrs/pp)
- JOB SUMMARY/PURPOSE
- Assists practitioner in performance of procedures, telephone prescription orders/refills, maintaining patient records and relaying test results.
- DEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION
- The LCH Lebanon Health Ctr- RHC teams include Pediatrics, Family Medicine and Women’s Health.
The Primary Care teams at Samaritan Health Services offer complete health care for all family members from newborns to seniors through their pediatric, family medicine and internal medicine providers. They encourage and offer preventive care, including annual exams, health screenings and counseling regarding health and lifestyle.
The Women's Health team offers a full range of OB/GYN care including well-woman exams, contraception (birth control), obstetric care (including labor and delivery), treatment for infertility, menopause and hormones, continence therapy and treatment, pelvic prolapse therapy and repair, treatment for uterine disorders, treatment for menstrual (period) disorders, treatment for gynecologic cancers and gynecologic/urologic surgery.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Registered or Certified Medical Assistant (RMA or CMA) required.
- Healthcare Provider BLS required.
- Previous medical back office experience/medical assistant training, or completion of a MA/CMA program preferred.
- Experience in applicable specialty area preferred.
- Lab/EKG experience preferred.
- Patient Care - Possess the skills and knowledge needed to assist and care for others. Ability to recognize symptoms, drug properties and interactions, treatments, and preventive health-care measures within scope of practice.
- Adaptability/Flexibility - Ability to respond quickly and appropriately to situations that may arise with high risk or diverse patient populations. Ability to adjust actions in relation to others and adapt to offer best possible care to patients.
- Communication - Effective written and oral communication skills to explain complex issues, exchange information between team members, and tactfully discuss issues. Ability to perform group presentations and listen to and understand complex information and ideas.
- Team Building - Ability to work, function and communicate on a multi-disciplinary team. Possess the knowledge and skills to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintain them over time.
- Medical Terminology - Knowledge of medical records, procedures and terminology. Ability to read, interpret, and apply policies, procedures, laws, and regulations.
- Social Perceptiveness - Ability to work with a diverse population from pediatrics to geriatrics. Basic understanding of age-related differences in caring for and/or communicating with patients and caregivers. Possess personal sensitivity to the needs and experiences of others and a non-judgmental attitude towards persons of differing standards, values, lifestyles, and ages.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS
(1 - 10% of the time)
(11 - 33% of the time)
(34 - 66% of the time)
(67 – 100% of the time)
WALK - INCLINE
LIFT (Floor to Waist: 0"-36") 40 - 60 Lbs
LIFT (Knee to chest: 24"-54") 20 - 40 Lbs
PUSH (0-20 pounds force)
PULL (0-20 pounds force)
CLIMB - STAIRS
LIFT (Floor to Waist: 0"-36") 0 - 20 Lbs
LIFT (Floor to Waist: 0"-36") 20 - 40 Lbs
LIFT (Waist to Eye: up to 54") 0 - 20 Lbs
LIFT (Overhead: 54" and above) 0 - 20 Lbs
KNEEL (on knees)
REACH - Forward
REACH - Upward
WALK - LEVEL SURFACE
LIFT (Knee to chest: 24"-54") 0 - 20 Lbs
SQUAT Static (hold >30 sec)
BEND FORWARD at waist
ROTATE TRUNK Sitting
ROTATE TRUNK Standing
CARRY 1-handed, 0 - 20 pounds
CARRY 2-handed, 0 - 20 pounds
MANUAL DEXTERITY Hands/wrists