Fleming's Prime Steakhouse
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sous Chef- Fleming's Prime Steakhouse -Nashville, TN
at Fleming's Prime Steakhouse
In 1998, restaurateurs Paul Fleming and Bill Allen opened the first Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar in Newport Beach, California. They created a new kind of steakhouse, one with an atmosphere that was stylish, lively and inviting — an inspired, contemporary evolution of an American classic.
From the beginning, Fleming’s has always featured the very finest aged prime beef and fresh seafood with service that is both gracious and indulgent. Our award-winning Fleming’s 100™, offering 100 premium wines served by the glass, is an industry benchmark. With a menu featuring Small Plates, generous sides, decadent desserts and an innovative Bar Menu, Fleming’s has raised the standard of steakhouse dining to a whole new level.
Our promise at Fleming’s is to make every guest visit a memorable celebration of exceptional food, wine and personalized service.
At Fleming’s, we are committed to celebrating the diversity that has always been one of the core strengths of our business. We thrive from the special kind of energy that comes when talented Associates with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives achieve success by working hard, working smart and working together in the spirit of Fleming’s high standards of excellence.
Responsible for the daily operations of the kitchen, by providing professional leadership and direction to the culinary personnel by ensuring that all recipes, food preparations and presentations meet the restaurant's specifications and commitment to quality.
- Responsibilities include coaching and counseling employees in conjunction with the Chef Partner.
- Assist in ideation of menu items to be featured on the Chefs Table menu.
- Ensures that the operational basics and standards are adhered to with total commitment and passion by providing direction and guidance to all heart of the house associates: line checks, testing, training, recipe adherence, expo management, cook times, etc.
- Directs and checks the progress of the prep staff, checking for quality and consistency on food preparation.
- Works side by side with line cooks daily.
- Supervises the set-up and food production areas within the kitchen to maximize productivity and minimize waste.
- Checks and balances product inventory from previous day of business, places food and supply orders.
- Enforces safety and sanitary practices and maintenance for the Kitchen.
- Ensures compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances; ensures all health inspections meet required state standards.
- Checks all culinary equipment and sets them up for daily use. Keeps kitchen, dish, and storage areas clean and organized.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Culinary certificate preferred, but not required.
- 2 years of kitchen experience working in polished casual/fine dining restaurant.
- ServSafe sanitation certification preferred, but not required.