Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
North America Mining Sales Manager
- Employee Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Degree Preferred
- Graduate Degree
- Requisition ID
- Posted Date
- Zip Code
- Functional Area
- Commercial Sales/BBTS
Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its global corporate social responsibility (CSR), commitment Our Way to Serve, Bridgestone embraces its responsibility as a global leader by striving to improve the way people move, live, work and play.
The North America Mining Sales Manager leads and develops the Off The Road (OTR) Mining Sales team to provide BOSS facing sales, technical and consultative services supporting the mining industry. Develop and maintain end user and dealer relationships to support long term contract / sales strategy, tire program initiatives and annual budget / forecast process. Develop and maintain cross functional collaborative relationship with Field Engineering, Marketing, Fleet Management Solutions, ATC (Akron Technical Center) and BSJ (Global Sales) entities to support BOSS needs and deliver on five year MTP strategy.
New Business Development / Sales
- Develop and execute annual North American Giant Tire MTP sales budget. Responsible for commercial strategy of mining sales team to include contract strategy, negotiation, account plans and forecasting process to deliver on annual budget. Grow sales and profits via new business and value based pricing strategy.
- Maintain close working relationship with the Sales, Fleet Management Solutions and Marketing departments to communicate market trends and suggest plans / programs by leveraging industry knowledge to expand product and technology offerings.
- Develop and execute long-term strategic and tactical plan for the mining sales team based on OTR MTP overall goals / objectives. This includes the structuring, staffing and teammate training to support the plan.
- Direct and manage a sales team that consists of field based team throughout North America of Managers of Mine accounts, Technology Sales Manager and a Strategic Account Manager.
- Full accountability for annual and long-term budgeting - including five year sales plan, resource requirements, talent development, performance management, and compensation decisions.
- Lead the effort to provide the department and BOSS with meaningful thought leadership, knowledge, training, and tools in order to support sales initiatives and develop teammates for future growth.
- Proactively assess, clarify, and validate value proposition of Bridgestone products versus customer needs to support sales strategy, product strategy and forecasting.
- Coordinate product performance and quality improvements with Field Engineering to support internal product development [ATC and TCJ] and manufacturing teams by with timely field feedback.
- Work closely with Field Engineering to solve customer issues with amicable solutions in the most economical fashion to Bridgestone without sacrificing customer satisfaction.
- Bachelors degree in Business or Mining Engineering (advanced degree preferred)
- 15+ years relevant experience in sales, product management, engineering, and / or field service management
- Expertise of products / services as they relate to the mining industries
- Ability to create, articulate, and implement strategic and tactical business plans
- Track record of teammate development and leadership
- Strong communication skills, written and oral, at all organizational levels [internal and BOSS]
- Ability to travel a minimum of 50%, both domestic and international
Bridgestone is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to consider for employment all individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If hired, a Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification must be completed at the start of employment. Temporary work authorization or the need for sponsorship may disqualify you from employment.