Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Consumer Tire Sales Senior Manager - Regional Retailers
- Employee Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Requisition ID
- Posted Date
- Zip Code
- Functional Area
- Consumer Sales
Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its global corporate social responsibility (CSR), commitment Our Way to Serve, Bridgestone embraces its responsibility as a global leader by striving to improve the way people move, live, work and play.
The Senior Manager – Regional Retailers is responsible for driving sales of passenger and light truck tires to key regional retailers in the Dealer-Retail group through joint business planning, strategic thinking, as well as development and implementation of relevant marketing and pricing programs in the field.
This position is responsible to manage the day to day interaction with executive management and leadership teams of all assigned regional retailers (which is typically retailers with >100 locations in a geographic region of the country) and will act as Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations’ (BATO) main point of contact with these key partners. This position is responsible for the creation, implementation and management of BATO programs, while also forecasting and performing all administrative duties required for a multi-million-dollar book of business that has numerous points of sales located throughout the US.
The position requires the ability to work effectively with executive management and leadership teams of regional retail customers to develop and drive high level market strategies to the field through coordination with Region Management (RGM) and Nashville leadership teams. Another key responsibility of the position is joint business planning (JBP). Implementing JBP across all of our key accounts and improving forecast accuracy is a strategic initiative for Bridgestone Americas (BSAM), and this role will be instrumental in growing JBP with assigned regional retailer customers.
- Grow existing regional retailer business through unit and dollar increases for assigned accounts, while achieving quotas set forth by management.
- Prospect, sign and grow new regional retailer customers
- Consumer Replacement's main point of contact for assigned Regional retailers (>100 locations)
- Develop and implement strategies that drive increases in units, in-house share and product mix for retail customers
- Create and Manage channel programs specific to Regional Retailer customers
- Act as a sales/business consultant. Review sales and market trends for a diverse customer base
- Communicate all programs and policies to customers on a timely basis
- Acquire a thorough understanding of key account needs, and expanding the relationship by proposing solutions that meet their objectives and create win-win scenarios when solving customer issues
- Work with Joint Business Planning (JBP) Lead to improve product availability and approach with regional retailers
- Provide forecasting for all assigned regional retailers and provide insights beneficial to BATO demand planning teams
- Provide education to customers on Bridgestone products and programs
- Develop and implement sales plans and promotional events for regional retailer customers
- Work closely with Region ASM's and Region Management that are assigned to customer locations within their respective territories. Help region teams to develop and implement business plans targeted to growing regional retailer business at a region level
- Drive sales through influence management, field support and communication
- Produce unit driven results on a consistent basis
- Plan strategically and tactically in coordination with customer and other BATO management personnel
- Keep regions updated with progress, issues and recommendations
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10 years sales experience (preferably with large key accounts)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite to include Excel (creating and maintaining spreadsheets) and PowerPoint
- B2B OR B2C sales experience is a plus
- Proficiency with SAP & Tableau reporting tools
- Extensive negotiation, prioritization & organization skills
- Ability to travel extensively (nationwide)
Bridgestone is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to consider for employment all individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If hired, a Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification must be completed at the start of employment. Temporary work authorization or the need for sponsorship may disqualify you from employment.