Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Pace Analytical
JOB OBJECTIVE: Responsible for keeping the company supplied adequately; vendor negotiations - best quality supplies at the best prices; to develop and maintain an efficient purchasing/inventory system which will minimize rush orders and out of stock situations. Integration of Accounts Payable/Purchase Order/Inventory functions within MAS 90. Supervision of receiving/stocking function and of order receipts for Accounts Payable processing.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Strong verbal and written communication skills. Good negotiating skills required. Knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing software (Excel & Word) required. Knowledge of chemical supplies, good telephone skills and math skills. Ability to work independently (analytical and critical thinking skills). Must be able to multi-task. Ability to work in excess of scheduled hours.
JOB RESPONSIBILITY: Each staff member should maintain positive, supportive, and cooperative attitude with our clients, staff and management of Pace National.
- Obtain purchase requisitions from lab and other staff and ensure they are properly approved. Prepare and input purchase orders.
- Place orders on a timely basis to properly maintain inventory stock levels.
- Maintain contact with our vendors, continually striving to obtain the best prices, quality and service.
- Maintain an efficient purchasing/inventory system for our company, i.e. forms, EOQ's, storage and security of supplies.
- Follow up on backordered items, price discrepancies and returns on a weekly basis.
- Process receipt of goods and match packing lists to P.O.’s and vendor invoices. Process matched invoices to Accounts Payable for invoice processing.
- Provide reports regarding ordering activity as required.
- Audit shipper’s invoices, correcting discrepancies, and process to Accounts Payable.
- Identify and tag fixed assets as they are installed.
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor.